Why not yet?

On 3/5/2023 at 3:05 PM, BangkokReady said:

If time travel was invented, I think it would be highly regulated.  It might be the case that it would be invented then instantly banned.

Even travelling back in time to do something "good", could completely change things to be much worse, and in a way that means there is no way to change it back.

Yes, by going back as an actual living person, it would change things to the extent that the traveler might no longer be born in the future.

However, it might be possible to go back in a virtual mode, which would certainly change things in the future, as they discovered what really happened. Imagine discovering the origins of certain religions?

On 3/13/2023 at 5:57 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Yes, by going back as an actual living person, it would change things to the extent that the traveler might no longer be born in the future.

Anything other than a complete non-intervention policy could be disastrous. Many bad things have happened throughout history, but trying to fix them, stopping Hitler for example, might cause something far worse to happen.

On 3/13/2023 at 5:57 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

However, it might be possible to go back in a virtual mode, which would certainly change things in the future, as they discovered what really happened. Imagine discovering the origins of certain religions?

In a kind of drone without any physical presence that can travel anywhere at any time type of situation, that could be interesting.

I suspect that with the religion thing though, we would simply see a bunch of people making up the religion. But I doubt anyone would believe it.