Larry Hogan won’t run against Trump but warns party of ‘cult of personality’

onthedarkside

image.png.60b4227a18dbda39a93b186454fc2638.png

A top Republican figure has warned that the party under Donald Trump has become a “cult of personality” and it could not afford to try and put the former US president back in the White House in 2024.

He went on to warn that the Republican party cannot be successful if it puts “personality before principle, if our elected officials are afraid to say publicly what they freely admit behind closed doors, and if we can’t learn from our mistakes because of the political cost of admitting facts to be true”.

“For too long, Republican voters have been denied a real debate about what our party stands for beyond loyalty to Mr Trump. A cult of personality is no substitute for a party of principle,” Hogan continued.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/mar/05/larry-hogan-republican-will-not-enter-2024-race

image.png.8b47920a10a4a6a310c56bb20d906820.png

• Thanks 1

Here's some bad news for all of you punters. I'm officially announcing here that I won't be entering the Boston Marathon in 2023. Even though I have about the same chance of winning that as Larry Hogan does of becoming the next Republican candidate for President. 

• Haha 1

He would make a much better president than trump and what he says is the truth but I agree he has no chance of winning the presidency oh well on the bright side trump is the easiest to beat he is after all a professional loser 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1