Toblerone to change Matterhorn packaging over 'Swissness' rule after manufacturing move

Scott

18 hours ago, asf6 said:

My current favourite chocolate is Ritter's Sport, which I think is a German company. I think I've only bought Toblerone once in the last 20 years. 

For me, it's their dark chocolate marzipan bar.

Edited by placeholder

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Belgian chocolate runs the gamut from great to dismal. 

True. But the distribution is skewed towards the very good with some excellent chocolate available relatively cheaply.

6 minutes ago, RayC said:

True. But the distribution is skewed towards the very good with some excellent chocolate available relatively cheaply.

Actually, there's excellent 65% dark chocolate coming out of Indonesia now. So far, it's being manufactured as big round flat chips (callets). The name is Embassy. You can probably order it via Lazada if you're in Thailand.  Thanks to the recent cultivation of high quality cacao trees. in Chiangmai, very high quality chocolate is also being made there. Kan Vela is one such producer. But it ain't cheap.

• Like 1

I like Toblerone.

I was always under the impression that the real reason it was triangular was that if it was square it would not fit in the box.

I also like Ritter Sport (marzipan yummy) and Milka ( the bubbly ones are super yummy!). Cadbury's is frankly "gopping" these days.