Toblerone to change Matterhorn packaging over 'Swissness' rule after manufacturing move

Scott

Toblerone - Wikipedia

Toblerone, the triangular-shaped chocolate with Switzerland's famed Matterhorn mountain immortalized on its packaging, will soon be changing its look to adhere to Swiss legislation.

The candy bar, which is molded to mimic a mountain peak, can no longer be dubbed "Swiss chocolate" after Mondelez, the parent company of Toblerone, moved a portion of its production to a new plant in Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia.

A spokesperson for the Mondelez International, the U.S.-based parent company of Toblerone, which was founded in Switzerland in 1908, confirmed the news to "Good Morning America."

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Food/toblerone-change-matterhorn-packaging-swissness-rule-after-manufacturing/story?id=97652991

abc.jpg

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Well since you've tasted it yourself, does that mean you have bought it and consider yourself special?

Or did you steal it?

People gave it to me as gifts.

I agree with @thaibeachlovers, it's seen as 'posh', didn't like 'Ferrero Rocher' either.

I ate them, but would have preferred Cadbury's fruit and nut, Terry's chocolate orange, or after Eight mints.

My last Lazada order ............

IMG_20230223_160422.jpg

Edited by BritManToo

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I agree with @thaibeachlovers, it's seen as 'posh', didn't like 'Ferrero Rocher' either.

I ate them, but would have preferred Cadbury's fruit and nut, Terry's chocolate orange, or after Eight mints.

IMG_20230223_160422.jpg

The point is that thaibeachlover's comment was ridiculous. People are buying a candy bar that they don't like just because they believe that they are special people?

I'll say this for Toblerone and After Eight; unlike Cadbury they don't use cheap vegetable fats in their candy bars.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

IMG_20230223_160422.jpg

Agree, My choc favourite was Milky bar, yum.

16 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I ate them, but would have preferred Cadbury's fruit and nut,

As I suspected...a Cadbury`s Fruit and Nutcase.....nowt wrong with that ????

12 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Seen as posh? To be honest, this says more about you than it does about those who buy it.

Personally, when Kraft bought it, I gave up on it - but Cadbury? Another formerly great product ruined by Kraft. 

The Brit version of Cadburys is as good as it ever was IMHO.

Obviously not to be compared with the version sold to the Asian market with a higher melting point fat.

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The Brit version of Cadburys is as good as it ever was IMHO.

Obviously not to be compared with the version sold to the Asian market with a higher melting point fat.

That probably explains why I never liked white chocolate I bought in LOS. I loved it in NZ.

I found them to be OK, but I am not a connoisseur of chocolate.  I would often bring them back for those small gifts that are sort of customary for close colleagues at work.  They seemed to enjoy them.   

32 minutes ago, Scott said:

I found them to be OK, but I am not a connoisseur of chocolate.  I would often bring them back for those small gifts that are sort of customary for close colleagues at work.  They seemed to enjoy them.   

The only time I bought them, duty free, as gifts. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

IMG_20230223_160422.jpg

I am utterly disgusted. HEINZ vinegar when Sarson's is available on the same shopping site!

As for toblerone... i quite like it. Sorry )

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

I am utterly disgusted. HEINZ vinegar when Sarson's is available on the same shopping site!

As for toblerone... i quite like it. Sorry )

Off topic, Heinz is 2x the size for the same price.

Edited by BritManToo

My favourites are:

Green and Blacks milk, 70, and 85 per cent

Lindt normal milk, 70, 78 and 85 per cent. 

Moser milk, 70, and 85 per cent from Aldi 

Whittakers  milk, 72 Ghana, from New Zealand

Cadbury Old Gold 70 per cent

Toblerone and standard Cadburys too sweet for those who eat a lot of chocolate. I eat 60 to 80 grams a day. If I retire in Thailand I will have to pay much more. Not eating the horrible staff they mostly sell over there like hershey etc 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 1