Going back to Savannakhet.

Hello all,

I usually find what I'm looking for here but feel to just make certain I will politely ask.

I used to get the Non O Thai wife visa from Savannakhet.

However, the last 2 years I have got a Retirement visa with a Pattaya agent even though l live in Bangkok. The 90 day online report address was in Pattaya.

Will there any problem if l return to Savannakhet for a Non O based on marriage?

Any questions there regarding my current Bangkok address?

Thank you very much.

1 minute ago, Benjamin H said:

Thank you all very much, so no problems to get an Non O Thai wife after having a retirement visa?

Thank you again 

Be sure your current extension of stay has expired before applying for the visa.

Last time I went there I was refused non o multi entry based on marriage because although I had copies of wife's house book and ID card, original marriage certificate I didn't have wife's Kor Ror 2 (change of name) paper.

I understand this was only insisted on by a new officer at the Thai Consulate. This was just days before the border was closed cos of Covid.

Have found other satisfactory paths in the meantime.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Be sure your current extension of stay has expired before applying for the visa.

Excuse me Ubonjoe, could you please elaborate?

My retirement stamp states 'extension of stay permitted until 20 March 23'

Thank you.

33 minutes ago, Benjamin H said:

My retirement stamp states 'extension of stay permitted until 20 March 23'hou

Thank you.

You will not be able to apply for the non-o visa until  after your extension expires. They should let you apply on the day jf expires.

• Thanks 1

So people need to leave on the last day of their extension, if they are getting a visa to return asap?

45 minutes ago, Benjamin H said:

My retirement stamp states 'extension of stay permitted until 20 March 23'

Sounds like you can't get a visa until the 21st, or maybe the 20th, but need to leave Thailand on the 20th.

Is that the way it is? 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will not be able to apply for the non-o visa until  after your extension expires. They should let you apply on the day jf expires.

Is it really the case that the consulate will not issue you a visa when your current permission to stay was cancelled on leaving Thailand? That seems strange to me. I can see that they would refuse to allow you both a valid re-entry permit and a valid visa at the same time, but why on earth would they refuse you a visa when that is the only way you can return to Thailand (other than visa exempt)?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Forever said:

Last time I went there I was refused non o multi entry based on marriage because although I had copies of wife's house book and ID card, original marriage certificate I didn't have wife's Kor Ror 2 (change of name) paper.

I understand this was only insisted on by a new officer at the Thai Consulate. This was just days before the border was closed cos of Covid.

Have found other satisfactory paths in the meantime.

I always take a KR2, just in case, it is proof you are still married, wife gets it the day before we go.........................:stoner:

• Like 1

Thank you all for the feedback.

Maybe a silly question but:

retirement stamp states 'extension of stay permitted until 20 March 23'

Does that mean until 23:59pm on the 19th March or 23:59pm 20th March?

Edited by Benjamin H

28 minutes ago, sanook 1 said:

Is it apply in the morning and pickup the day after at savanakhet? 

Yes, so avoid Fridays unless you want a weekend in Savan. A good mate of mine lives in Savan and his morning walks take him past the Thai Consulate, he says there are long lines...up to 150 people, daily. He's sent me photos of the lines of people waiting to enter. So be prepared for this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1