Recording an audiobook in Bangkok

wasabi

I've written a book and have decided I'd like to make an audiobook version of it which I will sell on Audible. I'm in the middle of researching how this should be done, but it's clear it's not something I can just do in my condo. If there were a place dedicated to audiobook recordings in Bangkok that'd be ideal, but I believe any professional level recording studio should be able to handle it. From what I know right now, based on the length of my book, I will need to produce 16 hours of recorded content. I'm sure getting it right will take longer than that. In the end I need .wav files which I'll send to a professional sound master to get it in what I'm told is called the ACX standard. There's many resources for that part of the process available online but the recording needs to be done by me, in person. Based on all this does anyone have any suggestions or personal experiences creating professional studio-quality audio in Thailand?

Thank you

You can go to a recording studio in Bangkok, but 20+ hours recording w/ a sound engineer seems overkill unless you consider yourself a good voice actor.

I'd recommend looking on a freelance site like fiverr for voice over professional. They will know the format you need and most likely provide a more pleasing recording than you could do on your own. I'm sure they'd be willing to work with you on price due to the length of the recording, as most of them quote by the word or hour.