What VPN provider do you use and why do you like it?

CALSinCM

I'll get back with the reason I'm asking this.  It has something to do with changes with a VPN company I've been with for 6 years, but it looks like they made major changes to the VPN nodes in countries they used to service (days ago) plus they changed their subscription service without notifying me.  I'm sorta not happy about that and due for a renewal soon.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, CALSinCM said:

I'll get back with the reason I'm asking this.  It has something to do with changes with a VPN company I've been with for 6 years, but it looks like they made major changes to the VPN nodes in countries they used to service (days ago) plus they changed their subscription service without notifying me.  I'm sorta not happy about that and due for a renewal soon.

OK I'll ask. Who are you with now?

• Thumbs Up 1

I tried Express and Nord both.  Then I realized my anti-virus program (Norton) came with a VPN.  For the last year I have been using the Norton anti-virus VPN and it works just fine.  

Express VPN claims one can get access to Netflix programs that are only available only in certain countries.  Well Netflix can now detect a VPN and blocked my attempts to access the US Netflix Library. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Crossy said:

We use Ivacy.

Quick, reasonably priced, servers worldwide, decent solution for BBC iPlayer.

EDIT And support responsive!

How does that work with iplayer? Do you watch on a PC or is it possible to use a iplayer on android/smart tv and use the vpn that way?

2 minutes ago, sungod said:

How does that work with iplayer? Do you watch on a PC or is it possible to use a iplayer on android/smart tv and use the vpn that way?

It's fine with iPlayer on both PC and Andyroid.

I've never had a lot of luck with "smart" TVs, they tend to be under-powered CPU wise ????

You can connect using a lot of routers and use the router to decide which devices use VPN and which don't.

• Thanks 1

I use Browsec , paid version , have used it for a few years now ,without any problems , 

not expensive ,and the most important thing it's so easy to use , only use it to stream

from countries which you need a VPN for, USA ,UK , Oz ,and naughty sites that are blocked.

From time to time I have used others , but they were not that easy to use, Surfshark

did not work with BBC iPlayer.

regards Worgeordie

• Thumbs Up 1

17+ years with ExpressVPN, for me has been great as (back in 2005 working/living in China)) it was the only one bypassing the Chinese Great Wall... not cheap but for me worth it as I don't like to change as they say ""if it ain't broke why fix it"

• Thumbs Up 1

LibertyShield, was originally Scot Hosts. Lots of servers in many countries. Great for iPlayer, Sky, BT Sports, Amazon Prime etc. 

We also have a pre-configured router meaning we have an always on UK IP address in our apartment. 

Support when required is prompt and thorough - very often the same person. 

We’re happy.

35 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

17+ years with ExpressVPN, for me has been great as (back in 2005 working/living in China)) it was the only one bypassing the Chinese Great Wall... not cheap but for me worth it as I don't like to change as they say ""if it ain't broke why fix it"

USD 99 a year is a bit steep though

2 minutes ago, Maud said:

We also have a pre-configured router meaning we have an always on UK IP address in our apartment. 

Can it be installed on ANY router. Express needs to be certain specific routers.

My current VPN provider is Surfshark. I can watch iPlayer without any issues using a browser or android app. I use SS on Windows, Ubuntu and android platforms. I would recommend it. Before SS I used Nord. I only changed to SS because it was cheaper than Nord.

Just for info SS is now owned by Nord.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Thanks 1