Google Maps on PC sending routes to Mobile Phone and keep them intact

MJCM

I am making some routes with Google Maps on the PC, but after sending them to my iPhone they are not as I made them on the PC but just general routes.

There are some roads I just don't wanna take as I know there is a lot of construction going on but Google Maps (on the Phone still wants to send me down that Road and on the PC I selected another road.

Any ideas?

Edited by MJCM

Example

this is route I want to take and have made on the PC

route_pc.JPG.c58b94413933fee1dfb88c6053a29ee1.JPG

And this is how it shows up on the Phone

route_phone.jpg.67b9865553d83e1ac3ddbfb80af75acf.jpg

Totally different and doesn't keep the route I made on the PC.

Any ideas how to change this?

I think I solved it already.

Just added different stops on the route I want to follow on the PC and then send to the Phone and then I can choose the exact route as I made it on the PC.

But strange IMHO that modifying the route (see the BIG DOT (in between 344 and 3289) in this picture) on the PC doesn't get transferred to the Mobile Device.

What does Google Maps do with these added Stops?

Just announce them or????

On 3/10/2023 at 5:38 PM, MJCM said:

Example

this is route I want to take and have made on the PC

And this is how it shows up on the Phone

route_phone.jpg.67b9865553d83e1ac3ddbfb80af75acf.jpg

Totally different and doesn't keep the route I made on the PC.

Any ideas how to change this?

This could also happen if you have "avoid tolls" set in the phone app. May be worth checking.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2023 at 8:22 AM, MJCM said:

But strange IMHO that modifying the route (see the BIG DOT (in between 344 and 3289) in this picture) on the PC doesn't get transferred to the Mobile Device.

Not really strange, because when you click on "send route to smartphone" it even explicitly states "Dragging does not affect the sent route". So it's supposed to be like that.

If you want to go a certain way I guess you have to add a stop.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

What you say, happens to me more times than I care to remember.

Add a "destination" on your chosen route so that google cannot direct you anywhere else. Up to 10 allowed or it maybe 8.

Caution the "destination" needs to be exactly on the route and not 25m off, otherwise you will never get there and google will continue to redirect you there. Crossroads are good as you may have to stop there anyway. Also once you have reached your added "destination" you have to instruct Google to continue by touching the screen. Inconvenient.

Edited by VocalNeal

3 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

This could also happen if you have "avoid tolls" set in the phone app. May be worth checking.

Nope not used.

I mainly (read: Only) use my Garmin GPS (because it has a Built-in Dashcam) in the car but because the MAP is a bit old I want to use Google Maps just as a Backup and so I ran into this issue ????

Edited by MJCM
Added: Dashcam
  • Like 1

Just now, VocalNeal said:

Add a "destination" on your chosen route so that google cannot direct you anywhere else. Up to 10 allow or it maybe 8.

Caution the "destination" need to be on the route and not 50m off, otherwise you will never get there and google will continue to redirect you there. Crossroads are good as you may have to stop there anyway. Also once you have reached your "destination" you have to instruct Google to continue by touching the screen. Inconvenient unless you have the "special" gloves or bare fingers.

Thx but already solved read post #3