Extension of stay based on retirement documents.

11 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

They don´t ask for it.  But, they are enforcing the tm 30 there.  So, be prepared

12 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

They don´t ask for it.  But, they are enforcing the tm 30 there.  So, be prepared

I didn't do the tm30 when I entered Thailand last year in august. I had a reentry stamp and stay at the same address. So no need for it I guess.

On 3/11/2023 at 1:15 PM, rutteketuut said:

I didn't do the tm30 when I entered Thailand last year in august. I had a reentry stamp and stay at the same address. So no need for it I guess.

Someone I know that is usually knowledgeable about Jomtien Immigration requirements a few weeks ago told me they were going to start requiring a map from those getting retirement extensions.  HOWEVER, a friend of mine went to renew his retirement extensions a few days later and said no map was required - I have not received or seen any reports of a map being required when renewing a retirement extension.

As to TM.30, I have seen at least 3 recent reports, but none were firsthand experiences, saying they are now requiring a new one even if returning to the same address.

They now have 3 desks outside - to the right of the parking lot entry gate for (1) retirement extensions, (2) 90 day address reporting, and (3) TM.30 address reporting.

If going for any of those services, you can avoid the long lines to the entry door.   So, you should be able to check at the TM.30 desk to see if a new one is required before going to the retirement extension desk next to it.

• Thanks 1

On 3/11/2023 at 12:31 PM, rutteketuut said:

s a hand-drawn map to where you live required at Jomtien immigration? It's for a retirement extension.

I wasn't asked for one last week.

2 hours ago, soisanuk said:

As to TM.30, I have seen at least 3 recent reports, but none were firsthand experiences, saying they are now requiring a new one even if returning to the same address.

Guy did not even look at mine which was from nearly 4 years ago even though I have travelled out since then.

2 hours ago, soisanuk said:

They now have 3 desks outside - to the right of the parking lot entry gate for (1) retirement extensions, (2) 90 day address reporting, and (3) TM.30 address reporting.

This can save a lot of time. Tell them you are there for a retirement extension and they should give you a sticker which will allow you to go through the exit door straight to the desk for a no. without joining the queue sitting on the chairs on the left.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/11/2023 at 12:40 PM, Gsxrnz said:

I've never been asked for one in over a decade of doing retirement extensions at Jomtien/Chonburi IO.

I was asked for one at Sri Ratcha, same province, they needed it for the home visit.

The only consistent is the inconsistency.