“Books” on my iPad not working the same

NewGuy

I haven’t read a book on my iPad for a long time. When I tried just now, I see things have changed. Before, every book was formatted to have a section at the front showing cover, chapters and bookmarks. These are now gone. Pages within a chapter used to be able to be bookmarked, top righthand corner - now this feature is gone and is replaced by a circled x which, when pressed, drops me out of the book. There used to be an indicator on the bottom right showing how many pages to a new Chapter, problem other features.

How do I restore to the way it was?

Edited by NewGuy

44 minutes ago, NewGuy said:

Before, every book was formatted to have a section at the front showing cover, chapters and bookmarks.

This depends on the author of the book, some have it some don’t. However every page has access to all of that in the bottom right corner with this symbol.

97BBD507-BB69-4F91-96D8-8464096EEDF0.jpeg.7f38c7dabb7fc6517a2cc11f422e64ba.jpeg 
the symbol is hidden until requested.

Pages within a chapter used to be able to be bookmarked, top righthand corner -

Same symbol, same place

886084BE-26AE-47C0-9286-C2C4C36505FF.jpeg.bf766f75fc617f85821306a8e4e8cda8.jpeg

There used to be an indicator on the bottom right showing how many pages to a new Chapter,

It is there, see above, though not the pages into the chapter but since it can show much more than that the information is more valuable, available, but only accessible if wanted

4101CFE2-0F6C-4EC5-B505-B398678C8140.thumb.jpeg.569337d976eb6f2e28ddf3ae1e81a6b6.jpeg

49 minutes ago, NewGuy said:

How do I restore to the way it was?

By having an iPad that has the version of the app you want. The old versions are even skeuomorph if that is what you prefer 

Thanks. I had found that thingy. Now to bookmark a page it takes 3 taps not one. The bookmarks and relative location in a chapter are usefully to me, time management-wise and certainly not ornamental.