Importing CCTV

pj123

I would like to purchase Reolink CCTV equipment on Amazon.com and import into Thailand for personal use. Has anyone done this? I ask as when I checked the HC code for import on the Thai customs website they advise you need a license to import digital video cameras and recorders. But maybe this is for commercial use?

i mean.. to be honest there are seriously really good cams in thailand too. which you can go and just buy... i dont know the reason why you want to use amazon. 

i have 3 cams in my house. bought in thailand. allof them are 4k.. working great. why dont you just go and check some malls? if not just check some websites. if you want to know where i bought i can help. send me private msg i will give you the website i use. they are based in hua hin and farang owner. 

• Like 2

There are a couple of reasons why you should buy reolink - they aren’t a Chinese company, compared to Hikvision, Dahua and all the other rebranded cameras reolink are a lot better quality.

There is a guy called The Hook Up on YouTube, I'm sure you have already researched him, he compares the different camera manufacturers. Buying a half decent reolink camera will give you so much more detail, but that all depends upon how much performance you want from your cameras. 

Reolink seem to be compatible with other NVRs, and software like blue iris, where sometimes other companies fail. There is software like neolink, which will allow easy integration to home assistant and homebridge. Again, depends how far you want to go down the rabbit hole.

I have used their cameras for a few years, recently I chose the mid priced reolink cameras - I bought them from Reolink aliexpress - official store, they arrived via China post / Thai post and didn’t incur any extra charges. 

Edited by recom273
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, recom273 said:

There are a couple of reasons why you should buy reolink - they aren’t a Chinese company, compared to Hikvision, Dahua and all the other rebranded cameras reolink are a lot better quality.

There is a guy called The Hook Up on YouTube, I'm sure you have already researched him, he compares the different camera manufacturers. Buying a half decent reolink camera will give you so much more detail, but that all depends upon how much performance you want from your cameras. 

Reolink seem to be compatible with other NVRs, and software like blue iris, where sometimes other companies fail. There is software like neolink, which will allow easy integration to home assistant and homebridge. Again, depends how far you want to go down the rabbit hole.

I have used their cameras for a few years, recently I chose the mid priced reolink cameras - I bought them from Reolink aliexpress - official store, they arrived via China post / Thai post and didn’t incur any extra charges. 

Thank you thats very helpful

12 hours ago, recom273 said:

hmm good to know. thanks