Four new airlines to join Thailand’s crowded skies

snoop1130

'' ... P80 Air, Really Cool Air, Landarch Airline and Siam Seaplane. ...

They join a crowded sky over Thailand which already has Thai Air Asia, Thai Airways, Thai Lion Air, Thai Viet Jet, Nok Air and Bangkok Airways. ...''

Does this country seriously have the regulatory infrastructure and human resources to handle so many carriers in everything from safety to finances?

Maybe I'll buy (on credit of course as a tech heavy startup with only online pax services) a plane or two myself. Could be fun. Get in on the act.

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The source said the CAAT is likely to approve Siam Seaplane to initially provide taxi services instead of full route services until the CAAT is certain of its safety.

Well that certainly instills confidence.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grumbles said:

Hopefully, this will either make Air Asia lift its game or put them out of business. Win/Win

That is what is needed Air Asia has a monopoly here.....

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, soalbundy said:

The name, 'Really Cool Air' doesn't 'sound' very professional, almost like say 'Spliff air', confidence just wont arise.

Well, it's run by the same guy that was CEO of Nok Air, and did you see the way they painted their planes - I didn't know whether to laugh or worry when I first saw my flight parked at the terminal.

It'll be interesting to see the graphics they choose - around here on Phuket they seem to have a strange obsession with Bob Marley/Rastafarians (even before the weed revolution) so maybe they'll follow that route?

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Landarch Airline with Cessna C208B aircraft.

Reminded me of the days  when KAN AIR operated a fleet of 1 Cessna 208B Grand Caravan, 1 Beechcraft Premier 1, and 2 ATR 72-500's from its base in Chiang Mai Airport to many domestic destinations in Thailand. On two occasions I flew in their ATR from Khon Kaen to Chiang Mai - very comfortable with plenty of legroom and a hot meal! Sadly, the airline stopped operating in 2017 due to technical difficulties and non-compliance with certain safety regulations. When aircraft were grounded for maintenance, no replacements were provided and cancellations became a regular occurrence. 

Photo of Kan Air Cessna:

image.jpeg.31d2981345bff405a537c8829117cee4.jpeg

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information

15 hours ago, Ajarnbrian said:

‘Crowded skies’ are not a feature around Hua Hin airport, or many other regional airports. If more flights are available to such places, that is surely a good thing.

Used to fly HUA HIN to DON MUANG and return after 2 days each month to visit inlaws. I think it was Air Asia.
Cheap and efficient and could be in their house an hour after takeoff. If I remember it was 1400 Baht return.