Motorcycle Rental -Insurance

jaizan

What is the normal expectation for motorcycle insurance when renting ?

I saw one company which offered insurance.  However, the cover was for 100,000 baht, with a 20,000 excess.   So just 80,000 baht cover.   Like about £2000.

So I'd better not run into anything expensive!

Does anyone here do proper insurance?   With decent cover for unexpected events.

Please assume I will have all the correct licenses, so no need to discuss that.

Most people don't bother, most rental companies don't offer it, but it's a good idea if you want to reduce your liability. 1st class insurance should cover about 90% of bike value and 1m baht 3rd party liability

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Screaming said:

The best insurance that you can have is to not get on a motorbike in Thailand. According to the Bangkok Post, seventy four percent of all deaths on the road occur on motorbikes. Thailand is rated in the top ten countries for deaths on the road. Riding a motorbike in Thailand is a death wish.

You can scream all you want about this issue but it seems stupid is as stupid does among the expats in Thailand. These people think that riding a motorbike in Thailand is just like riding a bike in their home country. Then when they suffer a major accident and find themselves in the hospital with severe injuries, they cry for financial help through a "go fund me" account.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Keep Right said:

You can scream all you want about this issue but it seems stupid is as stupid does among the expats in Thailand. These people think that riding a motorbike in Thailand is just like riding a bike in their home country. Then when they suffer a major accident and find themselves in the hospital with severe injuries, they cry for financial help through a "go fund me" account.

Example of EXPATS doing this please, tourists yes. Expats i am not aware of.

18 hours ago, Screaming said:

The best insurance that you can have is to not get on a motorbike in Thailand. According to the Bangkok Post, seventy four percent of all deaths on the road occur on motorbikes. Thailand is rated in the top ten countries for deaths on the road. Riding a motorbike in Thailand is a death wish.

It also can be a death wish in any country if you are non competent.

• Like 1