The Great Government Health system that Thailand Has. !

Mark mark

On 3/15/2023 at 9:30 PM, Mark mark said:

I do not want to Damage the Interests of the Very VERY good staff at it ! ... Like Not with the people on this Blog site, OR their own people. ....

I would imagine most Government Hospitals are ??? Pretty well the Same ??? Possibly here in Central Thailand though they might differ from ? Well Thai Lao ? the East, ... or Chang Mai ? or the South, ? as there are some what different People, living in each place.

... I have heard some Complaints from an Upper Middle class Thai, in Close Eastern Thailand ? ... But well ? Just seems like Upper Middle class sower Apples to me ? ...

My last accurate comment about this hard-to-understand poster got me banned! (Again)!

21 hours ago, Mark mark said:

...Though Errr " Civilised Countries" ... And which ones would they be ???

Perhaps a poor choice of words.  Let's say - developed countries.  Clearly those with a free healthcare system (which I think is most). You are, I believe, correct to state that the quality of care varies by area.

I've heard good and bad stories about the treatment a normal, working class Thai person can expect if they rely on the state hospitals.  The private hospitals are certainly 'state of the art' and some of the state ones seem pretty good at treating some illnesses but bad at others.

Still, its come on a lot in the last 20 years. I guess I've just got used to living in a country where I know, that no matter what kind of illness I have, I will receive up to date treatment and it won't cost me a penny.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Perhaps a poor choice of words.  Let's say - developed countries.  Clearly those with a free healthcare system (which I think is most). You are, I believe, correct to state that the quality of care varies by area.

I've heard good and bad stories about the treatment a normal, working class Thai person can expect if they rely on the state hospitals.  The private hospitals are certainly 'state of the art' and some of the state ones seem pretty good at treating some illnesses but bad at others.

Still, its come on a lot in the last 20 years. I guess I've just got used to living in a country where I know, that no matter what kind of illness I have, I will receive up to date treatment and it won't cost me a penny.

Thanks ! And Yes.

The problem now of coyrse is too manny old people ! Needing the care ! And not enough young ones workimg to pay for it. And yes I have some Robotocs Shares in America. .  

But in Australia it mught be fare to say that the Great !!! Health system is just amout becoming totaly over whelmed I have heard.

A friend now on the pention went back there just recently as he has had a hernia !!! Like pretty Server ! But not life threatening so 6 to 12 months Waiting list !!!  And it is the same for every thing and there is not enough ambulances for the emergencies either.  ! 

Yes just Too Many Rats on the Box I am afraid.

So I have Porocarcinoma now which could be fatal in 5 to 10 years so I will just work on that here now. The Biopsy basically said the cancer was through the whole sample. So well it is still there ! Right ? ... So as the first excuse I will be back there trying to have more cut off.

I will just let the world's other problems go now.

Like Putons War in East Europe !!! Like just what a total F' wit !!  ...  and they mostly all sre fowlowing him in Russia I think ! "The greater Mother Land" The idiots ! !!!! ... And he is moving Nukes to Belorous !! Now I heatd.

No, ... time to just cooperate with the good Thai,s and stay here now I think.

And keep our Fingers Crossed !!! 

And thanks greatly !!! Yes you are about totally right about Thailand and, what should happen else where. With on limits though.

You know that they do not do free Knee replacements on sny one over75 years old here I think. ... etc. ??? .. 

Like to make your idea work there has to bea cut off age for free surgery I thing ? Like it or not ! ... Or it will not work I think ???

5 minutes ago, Mark mark said:

The Biopsy basically said the cancer was through the whole sample.

You mean cancer extended to margin (edge) after removal?  Normal surgery would be to cut wide margins on anything suspect of being cancer from my understanding.  Guess they did not even suspect cancer if that was not done (although could just have been more spread out than it appeared - but so far in many skin operations have never had unclear margins myself).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

You mean cancer extended to margin (edge) after removal?  Normal surgery would be to cut wide margins on anything suspect of being cancer from my understanding.  Guess they did not even suspect cancer if that was not done (although could just have been more spread out than it appeared - but so far in many skin operations have never had unclear margins myself).

Yes Lucky You ! And it has not happened for me either up to Now !so far either !  …. Yes the Doctor, Like I also, thought that it was only one of my usual Basal Carcinomas so he just cut the lump off, as usual. ... I have had many operations like this, though well maybe he could have cut a bit more ! ? Still with it extending totally vertically and horizontally through the whole sample it probably would have been unlikely he would have got it all any way ... Like possibly the vertical factor could be the worry, ? As it means that it is going deeper in to my Body ?

Like the biopsy said 1.3 cm skin sample so it does not seem to wide or deep ? But well there would be other complications if he made a Larger Hole also I would guess ? … So he probably makes all small one for most likely benign lumps.

I will give it a month say ? (Like I have given other lumps years literally ! ) ... And I AM getting tired of Queuing at the Hospital also !… So yes, after a month I will see what it looks like, and probably go back and ask for a larger cut or well a wider range of punch biopsies possibly ? Like the Good Old, Christian Indian surgeon ( Just to give you an Idea of this quite Special Skin Doctor, that I literally just Stumbled on back there in Oz. )  Punch biopsies, what he did so effectively to me in Australia for my last lump behind my ear removal. ???

Mark mark Biopsy description for Porocarcinoma Area Removed - 13 Mch 23.png

59 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Had 3 without sufficient clear margins,1st time doctor believe not cancer but had cauterized wound so OK.

Following 2biopsy in BKK, excisions in Australia not clear, repeat excisions included grinding bone from my skull  to get clear margins,skin grafts and radiation for 1 month.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, crouchpeter said:

My last accurate comment about this hard-to-understand poster got me banned! (Again)!

Sorry about that. ... So long ago I have forgotten it. .... I hope your ban ends soon. ... Well it must have as you are posting again, .... I am still trying to improve my posts, but well get plenty of VERY good positive feed back, ...as well as the usual gaggle of squiggly mouthed Emojos. ...

I was banned Once, some many Years ago you Know ... ( Made a pretty bad comment on Americans after another Usual Fracases of refusing to cooperate with the management up at Chagmai !!! ) ... But well it is their Blog, ... So well just Learn the rules, think about it ! ? Apply them ..... or well ... ??? ... You know. 

25 minutes ago, norbra said:

Had 3 without sufficient clear margins,1st time doctor believe not cancer but had cauterized wound so OK.

Following 2biopsy in BKK, excisions in Australia not clear, repeat excisions included grinding bone from my skull  to get clear margins,skin grafts and radiation for 1 month.

Varrrr and you are still here !!! Thanks for the Info, !!!  I will probably be doing it also pretty soon !!! .... So GREATEST Thanks !!!

We stay in touch !!! ...

Insurance for Thai’s in Government Hospitals ? As it happened to us any way. And Thanks Yellowtail.

Yes Thanks, Yellowtail the Grand Daughter being still young and a student got the 30b on her Operation I think. They all call it a 30 or Go card, "Beff Tong" or something like that. they get it automatically with their ID card she said. ... I guess that it is only for Government Hospitals like where she went.

Her Mother works and pays Insurance through her work so can go to a private hospital if she is sick, so the granddaughter says. ... 

The Granddaughter also is covered by the Third Party Person insurance on the Car that she was riding in when he foolishly spun and hit the wall at speed. ... He luckily missed everyone else, so well that REALLY Un-Complicated the accident apparently ! And took the problem of Alcohol out also I think ? …

… So well looks like 30b paid about 40,000 for her operation, and the compulsory third Party should pick up the 17,000 JFYI in this case

... And foreigners ?  Would they should get the 17,000 third Party ? ? I do not know ?  ... Well I guess that alcohol would have invalidated it for the poor fellow from the Go Fund me Blog ? But well, I do not know. ?

Possibly if Noon was a Foreigner she would have been billed the Lot, …  57,000. Though as I said before, our Local Private hospital quoted 220,000 !!! …

And she just said straight out NO, as she had the Third Party Insurance in the Government Hospital, and it looks like she had the 30b also. … A very handy Granddaughter that ! … And I AM going to look after her also. !!! …

My Porocarcinome skin cancer is looking better, so possibly not too much of a story left there. … Though there still is a couple of very small lumps left close to the pretty simple Cut they did for it, when they thought that it was just basal Carcinoma, … So well one more Minor Operation I would say. …  But hopefully that will be all …

Like 10 Years ! ? ... More Likelihood of something else getting me before the Cancer does. … Right ?

17 hours ago, Mark mark said:

They all call it a 30 or Go card, "Beff Tong" or something like that.

In Thailand, the "30-baht card", "gold card", and "But Tong" (gold card) are all nicknames used to refer to the country's universal healthcare program that is provided by the government.

• Thanks 1