Young "German man" falls to his death from 12th floor of Baiyoke 2 condo in Bangkok

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: Siam Rath

Thai media was reporting the death of a young foreign man after he fell from the 12th floor of Baiyoke 2 condominium in the Phayathai police area of Bangkok.

INN said that the man was German aged about 27 and had been asleep in a verandah area on the 12th floor and been asked to move on.

He had a swig of water then fell to his death, said the management.

Siam Rath reported that the victim lived on the 13th floor and was a regular smoker of weed and drinker of alcohol.

He had been taking those substances before his death and the media speculated that was what led to his demise.

Phayathai police are investigating.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-03-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

Case solved.....drinking and weed.....!

No others involved I guess....that might shed further light....but of course, it would mean some work!

Did they find his wings...may he RIP.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Multiple  people on a small balcony. Up to you.

If that wasn't same hotel, how does that matter?

But just thinking... lobby is on 18? 19? floor? Below that is just parking lot, no hotel rooms. So he could have only fallen off the parking lot. I've never seen a hotel guest staying there (as most don't arrive by their own cars) wandering around parking lot. Mostly that's just those who come with car for dinner buffet, etc.

I've stayed in Baiyoke Sky before and my suite while having large windows, had no balcony. None of the higher floors do, except that Balcony restaurant and the roof rotating platform. As such the only place where he could have fallen off from is the parking lot.

Edited by tomazbodner

1 hour ago, jerrymahoney said:

I was in Bangkok recently staying at a hotel and there was a small balcony off the hallway near the elevator where persons congregated to smoke tobacco cigarettes.

And I mean a VERY small balcony not attached to any room.

And ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Case solved.....drinking and weed.....!

No others involved I guess....that might shed further light....but of course, it would mean some work!

"No others involved I guess....that might shed further light....but of course, it would mean some work!"

From the OP...

"Phayathai police are investigating"....

but, of course, your knowing that would require some reading and comprehension ability.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

If that wasn't same hotel, how does that matter?

But just thinking... lobby is on 18? 19? floor? Below that is just parking lot, no hotel rooms. So he could have only fallen off the parking lot. I've never seen a hotel guest staying there (as most don't arrive by their own cars) wandering around parking lot. Mostly that's just those who come with car for dinner buffet, etc.

I've stayed in Baiyoke Sky before and my suite while having large windows, had no balcony. None of the higher floors do, except that Balcony restaurant and the roof rotating platform. As such the only place where he could have fallen off from is the parking lot.

"Siam Rath reported that the victim lived on the 13th floor"

1 hour ago, orchis said:

Siam Rath reported that the victim lived on the 13th floor

So he lived in the parking lot?

Baiyoke 2 = Baiyoke Sky. If the name of building is correct, there are no rooms there until floor 20 or so. I think floor 17 is a fruit buffet and golf course, and 18 is reception and lobby... surely no rooms below that.

Unless this is Baiyoke 1 = Baiyoke Suites. There they have rooms on lower floors, but each room also has a large balcony. Maybe story mentions wrong building?

he was asked to move on while intoxicated and had water.... Scary  as a few weeks back an intoxicated man was sleeping on a beach chair and got in trouble, and there was another case too of a man who stole a bottle of water in a pub, now this... as soon as they ask you somethings is happening... 27 years Rip to the guy, but what happened really?

Regular user of weed and or alcohol?  Not uncommon for an expat or tourist. More on the normal side it seems.  A tragedy he was killed.  Thailand surely has its share of quality outsiders.  

4 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

I'm no expert, but it sounds like falling from the balcony the primary cause.

hmmm... i"m told that its not the falling that kills you but the sudden stop at the end of the fall that does

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1