Young "German man" falls to his death from 12th floor of Baiyoke 2 condo in Bangkok

webfact

6 hours ago, phetphet said:

Really? Just like that? Either badly translated or some information missing.

What we are missing is the measurement from the floor to the top of the railing. My assumption is that it is far below legal standards.  Rather than assuming somebody pushed them. 

1 hour ago, kuzmabruk said:

What we are missing is the measurement from the floor to the top of the railing. My assumption is that it is far below legal standards.  Rather than assuming somebody pushed them. 

What legal standards?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kuzmabruk said:

What is the legal standard for this building............when it was built ?

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Has the "highly investigative media" considered the construction standards, applied to the railings, the lack of adequate height, or any other possibility? Stoned? Is that all you guys have? Really?

The huge increase in accidents they (  The mainstream media and certain TVF members)  all predicted has of course failed to materialise. It is only to be expected that they all jump on a story like this where even a whiff of cannabis is mentioned,  regardless of whether it was a contributing factor or not , and they would never let the truth or the facts spoil a good story.  

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Has virtue signalling now become a requirement ?  I always thought it was optional, annoying but optional

I'm of the same opinion. The departed is not going anywhere to experience peace or suffering. He's just gone, so RIP is meaningless.

14 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Baiyoke 2 = Baiyoke Sky. If the name of building is correct, there are no rooms there until floor 20 or so. I think floor 17 is a fruit buffet and golf course, and 18 is reception and lobby... surely no rooms below that.

Unless this is Baiyoke 1 = Baiyoke Suites. There they have rooms on lower floors, but each room also has a large balcony. Maybe story mentions wrong building?

From the photo in the INN article (linked in the OP), I'd say the body landed on the ground at the entrance to the car park at Baiyoke 2 (Ratchaprarop)

Edited by asf6

17 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

I'm no expert, but it sounds like falling from the balcony the primary cause.

Rest in peace sir.

Not joking about the death but about the press coverage...

Science has determined: "it's not the fall, it's the sudden stop".

20 hours ago, webfact said:

and was a regular smoker of weed and drinker of alcohol.

Don't come to Thailand if under 35.  This place will literally end you mentally and physically.    No young farang can handle anywhere near Pattaya or Bangkok (300 km radius).   You have entered the Devil's den and nobody escapes under 35.   I'm 99 and have been fighting Pattaya for 60 years!!!!   If not near Pattaya, I would be rich and would've created Google and Bitcoin. sure!!!!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, JensenZ said:

I'm of the same opinion. The departed is not going anywhere to experience peace or suffering. He's just gone, so RIP is meaningless.

I find it so false when people use it , especially regarding people they don't know.     I suspect the people who "solemnly" utter RIP at the slightest excuse in an attempt to highlight their caring and sympathetic character, are often the same people calling for overstayers to be all but hung drawn and quartered 

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Why is "German man" in quotes?

Was there something non German or non man about this unfortunate person?

20 hours ago, Olmate said:

Yes but why inverted comas "german man" in the headline? 

Seems nobody cares! 

22 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Case solved.....drinking and weed.....!

No others involved I guess....that might shed further light....but of course, it would mean some work!

22 hours ago, webfact said:

the man was German aged about 27 and had been asleep in a verandah area on the 12th floor and been asked to move on.

He had a swig of water then fell to his death, said the management.

Case solved without the unnecessary speculation.

21 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

I'm no expert, but it sounds like falling from the balcony the primary cause.

No, the cause of death was the sudden stop at the bottom. 

On a more serious note, probably another case of the balcony rail being far too low for the average farang height. 

"He had a swig of water then fell to his death, said the management."

Not being insensitive, but maybe he should have stuck with the alcohol! 

Seriously, as another poster has pointed out, there's something missing here.

5 hours ago, Artisi said:

No, the cause of death was the sudden stop at the bottom. 

On a more serious note, probably another case of the balcony rail being far too low for the average farang height. 

Where are all these low railings people are always taking about, I just don't see them. 

In any event, generally the only way people fall from a balcony with a rail is when they are sitting or climbing on the rail, or the rail fails. 

• Sad 1

On 3/18/2023 at 2:40 PM, sambum said:

"He had a swig of water then fell to his death, said the management."

Not being insensitive, but maybe he should have stuck with the alcohol! 

Seriously, as another poster has pointed out, there's something missing here.

There is always something missing ????