Advice needed for Accident Insurance for 73 year old in Thailand

zombie nights

I currently have a renewable medical and accident insurance issued here in Thailand. The ER accident insurance is for 20,000 baht per accident.

After a recent accident I want to increase the 20,000 but cannot do so if at all until renewal of my policy this November.

Can anyone recommend a reputable company that can offer me an accident policy coverage for accidents with a higher amount than what I currently have.

With a reasonable yearly premium.

Seems that most accident policies exclude over 70's,

Any advice is appreciated.

Edited by zombie nights

I am not sure you can get a new accident polucy at yOUr age but indeed ask AA.

You may also be misreading your current policy. If it says ER benefit is 20k that means just the ER charge not the entire expense for an accident. 

Thank you Sheryl.

My insurance card says "ER accident 20,000".  The insurance company has only allowed 20k for the accident and other expense pertaining to the accident already  disallowed.

My policy is generally in patient only but for emergency the 20k.

Cost was almost 23k for the accident after i went to a well known Emergency dept at a hospital in Bangkok.. After a fall from which I hit my head and broke bone in hand the charge includes for brain scan and hand x ray etc.

Seems my policy only allows 20k per accident and other expenses not covered.

I am now using a respectable licensed agent and they also confirm that the insurance company will only pay 20k per accident hence me posting here seeking additional coverage.

Though my agent and my research concurs with you that my age is against me in getting a new policy but maybe I can increase the accident amount when my current policy renews in November.

The good news (or is it bad news) is that if I have another separate accident thar revives the 20k!

-Confirmed by my agent.

????

Edited by zombie nights