Authenticating a signature at the MFA - easiest place to go?

I need to get a Thai person's signature authenticated/notarized with the stamp of the MFA. I'm driving from Pattaya so their office in Lak Si is quite far, I read they have other branches but they're caller Department (not Ministry) of Foreign Affairs. Are they the same?

Apologies for my confusion about authenticated/notarized, but it's a document in English from the embassy and they requested that it needs to have a signature from my wife and the stamp of the MFA. When I asked if they wanted a notary to stamp it, they said the stamp they need is from the MFA.

Also, is this something they can do in the same day?

TIA

Edited by FarangFB

20 hours ago, DrJoy said:

Thai MFA has an Office in Central Pattaya you can visit there for your legalization stamp.

No need to come to BKK

You will get it on the 3rd day.

You will have to fix an online appointment -

https://qlegal.consular.go.th

Hope this helps you out.

that was a BIG help, thanks a lot. I just hope they can accommodate my request beforehand (earliest booking was Friday), I'm literally on the brink of not getting it in time.

In case they can't make it in time, do you know if the Bkk office would accept walk ins without booking in advance?

Edited by FarangFB

I have a feeling that the person whose signature needs to be authenticated must be present, with his identification documents, and must sign the document in the presence of the consular official.

On 3/18/2023 at 3:19 PM, Maestro said:

I have a feeling that the person whose signature needs to be authenticated must be present, with his identification documents, and must sign the document in the presence of the consular official.

No problems with that, my only concern is not being able to get this one on time. 

Ok so here is the outcome so far: I went to the one in Pattaya today - although I was booked for Friday they still accepted it. Was quite empty (the passport office next door was PACKED).

They asked for a lot more documents than I had brought, good thing I didn't go all the way to Bangkok or it would've been a wasted trip. In 30 min I made a round trip to my house to get all the remaining documents and they finally accepted it, I had to pay 200 baht.

However, as far as I understood they don't stamp anything here in Pattaya, it's all sent to Bangkok and it takes 2 business days, then I can come back to pick it up. Assuming nothing else goes wrong, this should work quite well. Thanks @DrJoy

Edited by FarangFB