Are Haier Candy 9000 btu inverter AC's any good?

cliveshep

Title says it all. We got Mitsubishi 8000 btu inverter units in all rooms installed new 7 years ago. One is in twice-daily use, 2 hours or so after noon siesta and 10 hours over night every night. It quit, we had Mitsubishi come out, not cheap but it is a fixed price regardless,  of what is broken plus cost of any parts. The guys were brilliant, stripped it to clean it thoroughly as an "on the side" service separately, fixed a couple of leaks, replaced a thermister (the cause of the original fault) and re-gassed it as it was leaking. But it had a small leak on the inside unit and one on the valve block on the outside they fixed, the inside one took a patch. 

They said it was old, showed me pictures of the ionside of the inside unit - plastic was simply crumbling, blade broken off fan so it runs but is unbalanced a little and noisy they say, cost to replace all broken parts would work out at a whopping 5500 - 6000 baht. The advised not worth it, get a new one but at 17000 baht too expensive for us with the exchange rate so bad.

We found a complete Haier Candy 9000 btu inverter split for 7495 baht on Lazada. We got one here in one bedroom bought new, slow to get cold but really cold when it gets going. Wife's sister has an apartment we built on the side of the house and she bought it so I know little about it. She uses it but rarely when she visits but I know it had a couple of problems in the first year covered under warranty. I have no idea what the problems were.

QUESTION - are they any good, has anyone got one installed, they are cheap and once going seem to work well but how reliable?  My sample of one failing twice I put down to the cowboys who installed it - anyone else got any experience? In the UK Candy is a well known cheap line of electrical goods sold by a couple of big electrical goods store chains Dixons and Currys.