Russia threatens to destroy Ukraine jets after Poland and Slovakia pledges

Social Media

31 minutes ago, Tug said:

I think you have that backwards 50/50 chance of Russia going to war with nato after all who started this mess not nato or Ukraine ???????? 

False flag etc could be instigated by either, militaries tend to love war.

• Sad 1

So, if Poland and Slovakia donate planes to Ukraine, but the planes remain in, and fly out, of Poland and Slovakia, and if the Russians attempt to destroy the planes on the ground, does that mean that Russia will go ahead and actually attack Nato countries ?  Or do the "donated" planes have to be based in Ukraine for any reason ?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Tug said:

I think you have that backwards 50/50 chance of Russia going to war with nato after all who started this mess not nato or Ukraine ???????? 

Vlad doesn't fancy having NATO nukes based on his Ukraine border if Ukraine became a NATO country, and I can't say I blame him.

Edited by Andrew65
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Tony M said:

Or do the "donated" planes have to be based in Ukraine for any reason ?

Of course they do, otherwise it would basically be an attack on Russian forces by NATO/the country flown from.

Edited by Salerno

3 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Vlad doesn't fancy having NATO nukes based on his Ukraine border if Ukraine became a NATO country, and I can't say I blame him.

So invading Ukraine is going to stop that happening? He just wanted an excuse to retake Donbas and secure Crimea. He can't possibly control Ukraine, and has no right to. NATO is already on his doorstep in Estonia, Latvia and very soon, Finland. That's why they're untouchable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, candide said:

There isn't any NATO policy to put nukes near Russia borders. Currently there are U.S. nukes only in Belgium, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, and Turkey, plus France and UK have their own nukes.

Apart from Turkey, they are not close to Russia, I.e. not in Poland, Hungary, Baltic states, etc...

It wasn't NATO's policy for most of the Soviet-bloc to become NATO members...until it was.

I think Putin/Russia feel threatened by NATO expansion. What's NATO's answer to that? Let's make NATO even bigger.

And before I get slagged off for making these comments, I don't believe that the invasion of Ukraine is that different to the 2003 invasion (a 'war of aggression' based on falsehood) in Iraq, where maybe half a million people, many of them innocent, were killed.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

It wasn't NATO's policy for most of the Soviet-bloc to become NATO members...until it was.

I think Putin/Russia feel threatened by NATO expansion. What's NATO's answer to that? Let's make NATO even bigger.

And before I get slagged off for making these comments, I don't believe that the invasion of Ukraine is that different to the 2003 invasion (a 'war of aggression' based on falsehood) in Iraq, where maybe half a million people, many of them innocent, were killed.

NATO was not a threat to Russia. There was no intent to attack or threaten Russia.

Putin is a sore loser. He cannot accept this simple fact: no European country wants to be associated with Russia. One reason being that he failed to develop his country and Russia has no soft power. Another is that they have suffered from Russian (and Soviet) imperialism in the past

The Iraq war was different but it doesn't really matter. Everybody would agree with you that it was not a "good war". It was a scam war. Even at that time, several NATO countries were against it (ex. France). Both invasions are horrendous.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, candide said:

NATO was not a threat to Russia. There was no intent to attack or threaten Russia.

Putin is a sore loser. He cannot accept this simple fact: no European country wants to be associated with Russia. One reason being that he failed to develop his country and Russia has no soft power. Another is that they have suffered from Russian (and Soviet) imperialism in the past

The Iraq war was different but it doesn't really matter. Everybody would agree with you that it was not a "good war". It was a scam war. Even at that time, several NATO countries were against it (ex. France). Both invasions are horrendous.

The ex-Soviet bloc countries became NATO allies instead of Soviet /Russian allies, which they found 'threatening', there former-'friends' were now on the side of their enemies.

Whenever we see the history of the Cuban Missile Crisis, and what is never mentioned is that the US had previoulsy placed nuclear missiles in Turkey, in the Soviet's backyard. As I said, most people are completely unaware of that.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

The ex-Soviet bloc countries became NATO allies instead of Soviet /Russian allies, which they found 'threatening', there former-'friends' were now on the side of their enemies.

Whenever we see the history of the Cuban Missile Crisis, and what is never mentioned is that the US had previoulsy placed nuclear missiles in Turkey, in the Soviet's backyard. As I said, most people are completely unaware of that.

Zelensky offered to not join NATO in return for a peace deal with Putin. The offer was ignored. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

Turkey, that was during the 60's. It has nothing to do with the post-Soviet NATO policy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Zelensky offered to not join NATO in return for a peace deal with Putin. The offer was ignored. 

Zelensky also said that not one inch of Ukrainian territory would be ceded to Russia. the offer was also ignored.☺️

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

When Russia stole Crimea nobody did anything!

Now we all pay the price.....

Russia and China can join forces and attach West. Starting in Taiwan.

And the lunatic in North Korea will attach South Korea and Japan.