SWMBO back from Thailand after 6 months.

Damrongsak

Just rambling in the pub:  My wife and I went to Thailand in early September last year.  I stayed about 2 months, she stayed about 6 months. After 45 years of marriage it was a welcome relief.  ???? She's been back for a couple days now ... sleeping 4 hours at a time several times a day.  It's a rough journey to the USA when you get into your mid to late sixties.  I teased her about coming back to the U.S. and the quiet nights without kids on motorcycles with no mufflers running around and her 50 pet chickens crowing all the time.  Never mind the yapping relatives.

I did some good house cleaning so I'm not completely in the dog house. Anyway, wish me luck ...  I could use it.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, Damrongsak said:

I teased her about coming back to the U.S. and the quiet nights without kids on motorcycles with no mufflers running around and her 50 pet chickens crowing all the time.  Never mind the yapping relatives.

Ease up on the 'yapping relatives' and your 'welcome relief' may only be slightly degraded.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

I teased her about coming back to the U.S. and the quiet nights without kids on motorcycles with no mufflers running around and her 50 pet chickens crowing all the time.  Never mind the yapping relatives.

Now you've reminded her of how much she misses it already. What's she doing with you?

• Haha 2

Ugh, I remember when Mrs G went back to Thailand for a month last year, I had a frantic day of cleaning before her return.

Of course it wasn't good enough, but it me out of Capital Crime territory.....just!

• Thumbs Up 1

I had plenty of cleaning to do and a couple projects to finish.

She came in at Dulles airport (IAD) near Washington, DC.  It took her 2 hours to get through immigration, etc.  When I came back in early November it took me 2.5 hours.  Ridiculous.

16 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

I had plenty of cleaning to do and a couple projects to finish.

She came in at Dulles airport (IAD) near Washington, DC.  It took her 2 hours to get through immigration, etc.  When I came back in early November it took me 2.5 hours.  Ridiculous.

We've come back in through multiple ports of entry;

DEN, DFW, ORD, SFO, but by far the worst was ORD it took us 3 hours to get through immigration, unbelievably bad, The immigration officer even said "Welcome Home".

I wanted to punch him

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1