New Traffic Barriers on Pattaya’s Walking Street Cause Concern for the Disabled

webfact

24 minutes ago, Enoon said:

"Thailand is slowly changing, for the worse, before we know it, it will be the same sh*t hole I left to come here."

"Where's he gone?"

"Thailand I think"

"Thank ******* christ for that! let's hope that's the last we've seen of the miserable old ****!"

(Sounds of "tinnies" being cracked, laughter, etc......)

Have a ******* awful day........"cobber".

I feel sorry for you dude.

It's 5am, you've probably just woken up and the first thing you do today is make a negative, hostile, antagonizing comment.

You miserable people just don't stop.

Thailand has too many bitter, moaners. 

The poor Thai's, the most wonderful people on the planet, to have to put up with all these haters, so sad. 

Edited by Cricky
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Cricky said:

Thailand has too many bitter, moaners. 

And your rant above makes you sound like one also!

It is called free speech and he probably feels better for getting it off his chest.  Also as it was only 5AM perhaps he has not been to bed and is letting his natural exuberance show!

PS; Note to self "do I now sound like one also"?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

And your rant above makes you sound like one also!

It is called free speech and he probably feels better for getting it off his chest.  Also as it was only 5AM perhaps he has not been to bed and is letting his natural exuberance show!

PS; Note to self "do I now sound like one also"?

And I won't stop my rant until you children grow up. 

Only a delinquent would make Thailand their home then complain about this and that 

The moaners that complain about issues in Thailand really bug me, go away and bug someone else. 

Uneducated people grow up. 

Note, the word 'perhaps' is used far too often, speculation and hypothesis, why bother replying. Perhaps he's just a miserable old Codger. 

Edited by Cricky
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Cricky said:

Only a delinquent would make Thailand their home then complain about this and that 

So Thailand is perfect and there is nothing happening in Thailand that anyone should make adverse comments about! 

Is that your position or is free speech allowed if someone has something to complain about?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

So Thailand is perfect and there is nothing happening in Thailand that anyone should make adverse comments about! 

Is that your position or is free speech allowed if someone has something to complain about?

Who said it's perfect, no such place. 

I don't want to live in perfect. 

Just go back to where you come from and be miserable. 

You living in Thailand and Complaining, it's stupid. 

Edited by Cricky
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, Cricky said:

So it is OK for you to repeatedly complain about others complaining about the problems they see in an imperfect country but others are not allowed to complain about living in an admitted imperfect country or complain about you complaining about you complaining.

Making complains in most cases does not mean that the complainant is miserable but I can see that there are a few exceptions!  Maybe look in a mirror!

You are illogical!

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, scottiejohn said:

So it is OK for you to repeatedly complain about others complaining about the problems they see in an imperfect country but others are not aloud to complain about living in the imperfect country or complain about you complaining about you complaining.

You are illogical!

I see it differently. 

I've never complained before about issues, I reckon it's the complainers and their complaints are rubbing off on me. 

I want to get in on the action too. 

How about the complainers stop complaining then I will stop complaining about the complainers. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

It's quite sad but most of the AN members remind me of Statler and Waldorf, the pair of Muppet characters.

I reckon similar age group to. 

Always with their cantankerous opinions.

Never willing to discuss issues they find difficult and that they don't understand. 

Consistently heckling, antagonizing, repetitive with their jeered hostile replies. 

The similarities are endless

• Sad 2

19 hours ago, Cricky said:

It just never stops.

Complaining about this and that, if they're not happy here go back to where they come from.

I like Thailand the way it is, it's not perfect but there is no place that's perfect. 

Thailand is slowly changing, for the worse, before we know it, it will be the same sh*t hole I left to come here. 

Sounds like you're complaining 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Cricky said:

It just never stops.

Complaining about this and that, if they're not happy here go back to where they come from.

I like Thailand the way it is, it's not perfect but there is no place that's perfect. 

Thailand is slowly changing, for the worse, before we know it, it will be the same sh*t hole I left to come here. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, actonion said:

Yep, if you read my comments I've acknowledged that. 

Sadly, many members can't read or are too lazy to read. 

Edited by Cricky
  • Sad 1

I think it odd that people seem to complain endlessly about a people and county that provided them with an escape from their county.

Does it not occur to them that the county they fled is rife with problems because of people like them? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

actually yours is the ignorant post, have you checked out those side streets? i have

Having lived and worked in Thailand on and off since 2002/3, from the North, South and the islands (Kow Tow mostly), Thailand is not disable friendly and the stupidity of the works department is incompetent at best. However your post was very ignorant. Never ever look down on a disabled person because it could well be you at any time. This I know having been very fit: mountaineering, climbing, horse riding and scuba diving all to instructor standard (Mastr Scuba Diving Instructor) to being in a wheelchair which happened almost over night. I know being in Thailand and being in a wheelchair is horrendous.  Please think before you post!!!

• Love It 1

24 minutes ago, BritScot said:

Having lived and worked in Thailand on and off since 2002/3, from the North, South and the islands (Kow Tow mostly), Thailand is not disable friendly and the stupidity of the works department is incompetent at best. However your post was very ignorant. Never ever look down on a disabled person because it could well be you at any time. This I know having been very fit: mountaineering, climbing, horse riding and scuba diving all to instructor standard (Mastr Scuba Diving Instructor) to being in a wheelchair which happened almost over night. I know being in Thailand and being in a wheelchair is horrendous.  Please think before you post!!!

You haven't answered the question, do you know those side sois very close by? they are very close to the soi in question and it's easy to choose an alternate soi

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, BritScot said:

Never ever look down on a disabled person because it could well be you at any time.

I have been reading the comments back and forth between you two, scubascuba3 has been very respectful in his replies towards disabled people, he has just given options for the disabled. 

I read most of scubascuba3's comments on most postings and he is always very helpful. 

I hope you can see that you are being a little over the top on this issue. 

Have a nice day. ????

Edited by Cricky
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 3/21/2023 at 7:39 AM, scubascuba3 said:

The disabled could use a different side soi rather than make a drama about it

Why should they. They have enough problems getting around than wondering if the main entrance to Walking Street will restrict them. The solution is a police force that upholds the law. Not to restrict anyone with legal access. And as for the view about whining to much.. You should walk in somebodies shoes before writing such rubbish.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roger101 said:

Why should they. They have enough problems getting around than wondering if the main entrance to Walking Street will restrict them. The solution is a police force that upholds the law. Not to restrict anyone with legal access. And as for the view about whining to much.. You should walk in somebodies shoes before writing such rubbish.

Why should they not?

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, roger101 said:

We all know that Pattaya and probably most of Thailand is not disabled friendly in fact its dangerous for everyone. But in that Soi it's easy to just go to the next soi a couple minutes away, they were just trying to create a story

• Like 2

On 3/22/2023 at 10:03 AM, scubascuba3 said:

You haven't answered the question, do you know those side sois very close by? they are very close to the soi in question and it's easy to choose an alternate soi

You still don't get it! Those sois are irrelevant. I am in total disbelief that you think/attitude that disabled people should just get out of your way because that's what your basically what your saying.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/22/2023 at 8:48 AM, Cricky said:

Spoken like a true newbie. :cheesy:

23 minutes ago, BritScot said:

You still don't get it! Those sois are irrelevant. I am in total disbelief that you think/attitude that disabled people should just get out of your way because that's what your basically what your saying.

no it's not, but let's forget it, because you don't get it

1 hour ago, BritScot said:

Why is it his attitude that disabled people should just get out of way? His comments may actually be helpful to someone in a wheelchair. 

Why is it not your attitude that no expense should spared to make every accommodation such that a tiny percentage of the public is not inconvenienced? Should we turn off the lights so that the blind can see the same show everyone else sees?