Big Joke: "It's not their first offence" - three allegedly corrupt immigration officers face initial grilling

webfact

19 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

Facing off against an irrate Big Joke who is determined to put you behind bars must be a terrifying experience for any cop. Keep up the good work.

Uh! Photo looks more like a debrief after a game of golf!! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that he was convinced that this would have not been their first shakedown of a victim.

He promised a full investigation into the men's activities and the transfer of money in the case noting that another Thai was also involved.

Thai Rath noted that their sources indicated there was clear evidence in the case against the four suspects via the money transfer.

Rotten to the core.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

One suspect remains at large but Surachate said that he is expected to be in custody very soon despite his whereabouts being unknown

Because Big Joke knows where the house of the guy's Mom is! :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Yes ,turn the heat up on ALL these corrupt Immigration officials ,

regards worgeordie

Anyone who uses one of the "visa services" had better be cautious and have some kind of backup plan, like learning how to do it yourself. Especially if it's the kind of service that makes that fake deposit of the 800,000 baht. Money laundering of that sort can be traced. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rbkk said:

RTP and Thai immigration: the festering wound on Thai society that just keeps on giving.

Not just RTP and immigration; the army is equally corrupt. How do you think the many, many generals (why the Thai army needs so many generals is beyond me anyway) got so rich? 
Not to mention the civil service. My girlfriend has a friend who can give anyone a job for life as a civil servant, just have to pay 200,000 baht and it’s a done deal. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, finnomick1 said:
9 hours ago, rbkk said:

RTP and Thai immigration: the festering wound on Thai society that just keeps on giving.

Giving ?

Yes. The giving of sadness. Every week there is yet another revelation about the RTP/ Immigration. It seems never ending, the lows/scams/crimes being committed by the one's entrusted to uphold law and order in Thailand.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Anyone who uses one of the "visa services" had better be cautious and have some kind of backup plan, like learning how to do it yourself. Especially if it's the kind of service that makes that fake deposit of the 800,000 baht. Money laundering of that sort can be traced. 

I think you need to inform yourself better on what constitutes " money laundering " … 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Has anyone gone to the immigration police office at Chengwatanna recently?

I'm doing my counting on the back of an envelope, but it seems to me that all Region 1 immigration police are currently under arrest and unavailable to do any work...

3 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

Not just RTP and immigration; the army is equally corrupt. How do you think the many, many generals (why the Thai army needs so many generals is beyond me anyway) got so rich? 
Not to mention the civil service. My girlfriend has a friend who can give anyone a job for life as a civil servant, just have to pay 200,000 baht and it’s a done deal. 

I’d sleep with one eye open. Your gal has the type of creative friend best avoided. Just kidding.  I think?

12 hours ago, Olmate said:

How is a "fake deposit" money laundering pray tell? Fake money? Fake laundering? Fake reply more like it

It's illegal so it is open to extortion!!! It's just that simple. Anyone who plays in the grey area or thinks well loads of people do it so it's ok are crazy. The thought of ending up beholding to a thai official and the treat of a thai prison cell scares the hell out of me and as a young man I spent a total of 166 days in a British army jail being beasted etc every day so I'm not a buttercup... 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/21/2023 at 11:04 PM, giddyup said:

Give the guy a break, he's just started getting rid of the rotten apples. He's not a magician.

He's JUST now getting rid of the bad apples even tho he's been in his position for years? How many people would want this guy running their company let alone the police force/farce. There is a reason his nickname is the Big Joke. He's inept. 

Edited by HuskerDo2
  • Sad 1