Dog House (ready-made)

Anyone know a place in Bkk selling dog houses? I want something both attractive and suitable for protecting my Chihuahua from the rain etc. Currently he goes into the garden shed but that's a little problematic as getting to it it requires transversing the cat's territory.

if there was no problem with your cat, i would say bring him inside.

dogs can get very sick if left outside all the time, esp when raining, even with roof. that's why many of my dogs are allowed in the house all the time (believe me i wished they could stay outside...). my experience taught me... many times i locked a dog outside it got sick (bloody diarrhea) after some time. don't know the reasons though as they are all vaccinated etc

Try Seacon Square, Srinakarin Road. There is, (or at least was last time i looked), a pet store on the 5th floor. I am pretty sure they have dog houses of all sizes. Also occasionally they have a pet weekend on the ground floor, the whole central area is full of pet stuff for sale.

If you're looking for a plasitc type house, I saw them at Makro for a faily cheap price (under 1,500 baht) and would be perfect for a dog that small..... If you're looking for a cage I had the best luck at Suan Lum Night Plaza.....there's a ton of pet store shops one which deals with nothing but cages...

Try Seacon Square, Srinakarin Road. There is, (or at least was last time i looked), a pet store on the 5th floor. I am pretty sure they have dog houses of all sizes. Also occasionally they have a pet weekend on the ground floor, the whole central area is full of pet stuff for sale.

I think that store is called Superdogs (describes my dogs).

Anyone know a place in Bkk selling dog houses? I want something both attractive and suitable for protecting my Chihuahua from the rain etc. Currently he goes into the garden shed but that's a little problematic as getting to it it requires transversing the cat's territory.

Hi ...got mine here http://www.globalpets.net/products.html. Thay have a good range.....on wheels so you can move it around and has a "drip tray" / & floor comes out easy for hosing down. Thay are off Sukhumvit 60 something from memory.

Off road

if there was no problem with your cat, i would say bring him inside.

dogs can get very sick if left outside all the time, esp when raining, even with roof. that's why many of my dogs are allowed in the house all the time (believe me i wished they could stay outside...). my experience taught me... many times i locked a dog outside it got sick (bloody diarrhea) after some time. don't know the reasons though as they are all vaccinated etc

Would outside for this purpose include even a veranda - roofed, and sheltered on two sides? Is it just getting wet, or also cold, mosquitos, etc that's the problem?

don't really know actually the reason... many of my dogs stay outside all the time and it's no problem for them. they have a terrasse with big roof, a water tower and also a drive in with walls and roof to sleep in, so they won't get wet when raining. some of my dogs though, younger ones, which i tried to get used to stay outside and tried to ignore their whining at the door, got sick after a couple of days. so since, i don't force any dog to stay outside anymore if it is so unhappy there...

some of my very short haired thai dogs need a blanket to sleep on when we have the coldest months or in rainy season, i can see they are freezing :o

I think dogs do vary in temperment. My dog does just fine outdoors but then he has been an outdoor dog all his life, and is in general emotionally secutre. As long as he gets enough affection and company during the day, he settles down in the comfy bed I bought him in front of the front door and sleeps well. Only problem is when it rains; altho there is a small overhang the rain still gets in. Hence the need for a dog house..not a cage or kennel, a little house he can go in and out of at will where we can put his bed.

Which is not to say that given a choice he wouldn't rather sleep inside. He would. On my bed, to be exact. He does in fact get to sleep with me once a week when I go over to my niece's place leaving the cat home alone, and clearly this is his ideal arrangement. I'd be happy enough to allow it too if not for the fact that it would ignite World War III with the cat, who has been the only pet in my bed for the past 7 years and would kill rather than share that honor.

My niece's little Pomeranian, on the other hand, has always slept with her. The first time he came to my place for the weekend (he comes every weekend) we tried having him sleep outside with Kadan (my dog) since he adores Kadan. FORGET IT!!! He was OK for a few hours and in the middle of the night started in with this heart-breaking cry. So in he came and in he sleeps ever more. Of course, this puppy was separated from his mother at way too early an age and that may have had an impact. He doesn't just sleep on my niece's bed, he sleeps right up against her chest and can't sleep any other way.

Back to the doghouse issue...I checked out the website for global pets but these are cages/kennels, not what I am looking for. Re the store on Srinakarin -- can anyone be more specific? Directions if coming off the Chonburi motorway??

My niece's little Pomeranian, ... ... sleeps right up against her chest and can't sleep any other way.

So, no boyfriend for the coming 10 or so years ....

Sorry, just couldn't resist :o

Nienke

Hi ...got mine here http://www.globalpets.net/products.html. Thay have a good range.....on wheels so you can move it around and has a "drip tray" / & floor comes out easy for hosing down. Thay are off Sukhumvit 60 something from memory.

Off road

I have bought three from Global Pets and I think they are the best, but as you know they are expensive. For sure, even with the smaller dog houses there would be a lot of space for a chihuahua to sleep comfortably.