World Athletics bans transgender women from competing in female world ranking events

onthedarkside

5 hours ago, Peabody said:

Do you have another basis for your beliefs or are you just transphobic?

Oh wow, you know how to use Google.  My biology background; grade 12, not 9 and did take Bio 101 & 102 first year of college as electives. I do not claim to be any type of Biologist.  Seeing as you used Google   I will too.  Below is a cut & paste from "Biology on Line"

Female

Female
1. An individual of the sex which conceives and brings forth young, or (in a wider sense) which has an ovary and produces ova. The male and female of each living thing. (Drayton)

5 hours ago, Peabody said:

Transphobic, no.  I've got a couple of transgendered women (Lady Boys) working for me, I like them a lot.  But of course you pull out the "Transphobic" card as all lefties do.  Just can't take a differing opinion.

I will tell you what I do have a phobia about. When 100% heterosexual males who are crossdressers / transvestites can walk into a girl's bathroom, shower or dressing room anytime he wants to.  There have been many incidents reported of sexual assaults performed by so called Trans Women.  A so called Trans Woman prisoner got two female prisoners pregnant, I guess using her "penis".

I  suppose you'll come back spouting some nonsense about your expertise in Biology.  If you believe women can have a penis, testicles and a prostate gland, you're a gullible moron.  I'll go with "Biology On Line's" definition of a  woman.  
"The sex that conceives, has ova and produces ovaries."  The Genus Man, that has a Womb, a Wombed Man, aka Woman.

I'm done replying to you and thread.

• Love It 1

49 minutes ago, Jaybott said:

I do not claim to be any type of Biologist. 

I do. Molecular Genetics, to be precise. Coauthor of a paper in Science and 2 books on transgenics.

Oh wow, you know how to use Google.

Nope. 40+ years of teaching and medical research at a major uni. This stuff is all in my head.

An individual of the sex which conceives and brings forth young

So infertile humans cannot be female? Stop bringing your lame-o laymen's dictionary into a discussion on science.

My biology background; grade 12, not 9 and did take Bio 101 & 102 first year of college as electives.

Guess you missed a few lectures. Or haven't followed anything in bio since the '60s.

Leave the science to the actual scientists.  I'm not saying your ignorance on this is your fault. 

Seriously though- a great resource that could help bring you up to speed is at this link for the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. There are case studies and guided worksheets for both High School and AP level biology. A lot has changed since you took those courses.

https://media.hhmi.org/biointeractive/click/testing-athletes/introduction.html

Edited by Peabody

2 minutes ago, James105 said:

These are team events though, the same concept as mixed doubles in tennis, or sports such as equestrian where the horse is the one with the athletic ability.    This does not mean that Andy Murray would have been able to compete against women in singles tennis if he wore a wig and called himself Andrea so it's hardly the same thing as what this topic is about - men being barred from competing against women.  

You may want to read the post I was replying to  comprehend why I posted this link.