The Mystery of Alleged Alien Object 'Oumuamua Has Been Solved, Scientists Say

onthedarkside

image.png.551ed0214fa86d55bd74f5cf823a8cc9.png

Now, a pair of scientists have presented a robust natural explanation that accounts for ‘Oumuamua’s strangest behaviors, including its puzzling speed boost as it hurtled through the solar system.

The new research suggests that the object’s many years in interstellar space left it with an abundance of molecular hydrogen, which was transformed into gas in the presence of the Sun.

“Given the information that we have, I think that this is our best hope of explaining ‘Oumuamua without having to resort to more sensational ideas, or, as we might say in the science community, ‘fine-tuned’ ideas,” said Jennfer Bergner, an assistant professor of chemistry at the University of Berkeley who led the study, in a call with Motherboard. 

https://www.vice.com/en/article/3akzjk/oumuamua-aliens-mystery-solved

image.png.c0847e652fa7dd8eae30a1351a18737d.png

11 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Well I guess it's better than saying it was a weather balloon? So many sighting every year, we must remember[ The truth is out there!]

and with such news items as; Pentagon officials speculate alien mothership could send mini probes to Earth. 

comet20171025-16.gif

Well, I suppose frozen Hydrogen could be a possibility (freezes at about 14o K above Abs. 0 but it does rather depend of how much there was. If there was just a small amount then surely that would have 'boiled' away on its approach to the Sun with none left for the outward journey. Another point is that wouldn't Hydrogen be present over all its surface and both 'ends' boost might cancel rather than boost it in one direction?

Edited by TKDfella
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, TKDfella said:

and with such news items as; Pentagon officials speculate alien mothership could send mini probes to Earth. 

That orbit is SO much of coincidence - that it got within a few million kilometres from Earth - from that distance. A real "million-to-one" chance. Yeah, right. Pure chance.

Another CIA cover-up to hide the truth. 

Actually here's some maths: surface area of the Earths orbit around the Sun is (approx) pi x d2 = (approx) 300 million km squared by 3.14 = 2.86 ** 17 sq km - target area ( 3 million km from Earth) = 9 ** 12 sq km. So, NOT a million to one  but 30,000 to one (approx). Coincidence - I think not.

I rest my case m'lud. Excuse me my (patented) Tin Foil Hat is tingling.

Edited by nglodnig

5 hours ago, nglodnig said:

Actually here's some maths: surface area of the Earths orbit around the Sun is (approx) pi x d2 = (approx) 300 million km squared by 3.14 = 2.86 ** 17 sq km - target area ( 3 million km from Earth) = 9 ** 12 sq km. So, NOT a million to one  but 30,000 to one (approx). Coincidence - I think not.

Hmm, the average Earth/Sun distance is 149⨯106 km = radius, area = πr2 = 6.975⨯1016 km2

13 hours ago, nglodnig said:

In fact, it is your incorrect terminology that was the problem. An orbit describes a 2 D plane, not a 3 D volume and your area of π⨯2d still does not equal 3⨯108 km2.. π⨯2d = π⨯2(2r) π⨯2⨯(2⨯149⨯106) =1.87⨯109. Your pixd2  is incorrect notation because 'd' denotes diameter, not radius.. And why did you not use x2 given in the ribbon at the top of the comment window, instead of 'squared?.  π⨯2r= π⨯2⨯149⨯106=9.36⨯108 which is the circumference of an assumed circular orbit, not an area. The surface area of a sphere whose radius is 149⨯106 is 4πr2=4π(149⨯106)2 = 2.83⨯1017 km2. However, in reality this is also incorrect because the solar system isn't static and is moving through the galaxy at about 7⨯105 km/h. Going through space-time this might describe a cylindrical motion(in very rough terms) whose volume would be πr2h and surface area of 2πrh, 'h' would be the amount of time to be considered (I think Omuamua had a velocity of around 95,000 km/h)

16 hours ago, nglodnig said:

The problem with your reasoning is that you're assuming it's a one-off. But given that earth's orbit limits what can be observed to whatever is observable from its orbit, how do you know that?