Ais fiber only available?

john donson

hi,

I have an Ais fiber router with family pack for 645 a month

this included a tv box that I never use

and a sim card with 5 GB of 3/4G

I looked on AIS site for a fiber internet only pack without the extra fuzz, but did not find

I might cancel the whole lot if someone could let me know if you can torrent download with those unlimited sim cards or are they blocking those ports ?

or is True cheaper? I do not really need super fast internet either... but I do not have a phone line for xdsl either...

Thanks for your input

If you want to use unlimited SIM cards, first buy a monthly package online and test it out at your location. I tested several providers and they all performed very differently at my location with my devices. Everything else is guesswork.

Do you know if True or 3BB offers service in your location?

Which AIS Fibre package do you have? What is the speed down/up for your service? Are you an AIS mobile telephone post-paid customer? How long have you been an AIS Fibre customer?

You can contact AIS and tell them exactly what you want, and what price you're willing to pay for it. Otherwise tell them you are looking at alternatives.

I have AIS Fibre ONLY, 1.0 Gbps/500 Mpbs. After having been a customer for a few years, I negotiated this package for 399/month (427.47 with VAT) ~ two years ago. AS with mobile phone service (post-paid), they don't want to lose customers. BTW, you can do the same for post-paid mobile phone service, shaved 300 baht/mo. of my bill for the same service level.

The terms on the unlimited plans, I think it was for AIS, had some language about torrents/abuse. If you download through a VPN they obviously wouldn't detect that it's torrent traffic, but the terms leave it up to them to decide if they want to throttle you or cut you off.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, john donson said:

hi,

I have an Ais fiber router with family pack for 645 a month

this included a tv box that I never use

and a sim card with 5 GB of 3/4G

I looked on AIS site for a fiber internet only pack without the extra fuzz, but did not find

I might cancel the whole lot if someone could let me know if you can torrent download with those unlimited sim cards or are they blocking those ports ?

or is True cheaper? I do not really need super fast internet either... but I do not have a phone line for xdsl either...

Thanks for your input

Make sure that you can actually obtain an unlimited SIM plan before you change anything. AIS don’t officially do them anymore, but you might find some codes still working. 

20 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Do you know if True or 3BB offers service in your location?

Which AIS Fibre package do you have? What is the speed down/up for your service? Are you an AIS mobile telephone post-paid customer? How long have you been an AIS Fibre customer?

You can contact AIS and tell them exactly what you want, and what price you're willing to pay for it. Otherwise tell them you are looking at alternatives.

I have AIS Fibre ONLY, 1.0 Gbps/500 Mpbs. After having been a customer for a few years, I negotiated this package for 399/month (427.47 with VAT) ~ two years ago. AS with mobile phone service (post-paid), they don't want to lose customers. BTW, you can do the same for post-paid mobile phone service, shaved 300 baht/mo. of my bill for the same service level.

200 up / 200 down

pre paid sim as the package came with a 3/4g sim with 5 gig per month

so no need for an extra sim package post paid

I just saw 399 but you need at least 349 mobile post paid package...

I don't watch thai tv...but I love new series not available even on true or stuff that aired years ago, no thank you...