Italian businessman killed as motorcycle taxi collides with forklift

webfact

image.jpeg

An Italian man tragically died this morning after he was impaled by a forklift in Samut Prakan province, just south of Bangkok in central Thailand, near the factory where he worked as sales manager. He was riding a motorbike taxi when the incident happened.

At 10am, officers at Samrong Nuea Police Station were informed of a fatal collision between a motorcycle taxi and forklift at Soi Theparak 58 in Mueang district. Police rushed to the scene with Ruamkatanyu Foundation rescue workers.

In front of warehouse 199/23, police found the body of 46 year old Pietro Del Grotto, of Italian nationality, who sustained large wounds on the right side of his ribcage, said police.

Full story: https://bangkokone.news/italian-businessman-killed-as-motorcycle-taxi-collides-with-forklift/

image.png

-- © Copyright BANGKOK ONE NEWS 2023-03-25

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 7

near-by ambulance not ready to try to save a life!

It's so much easier to meet your maker living in Thailand....more risks taken and more danger present. Must be due another regular balcony flying event soon!

Meanwhile wear plenty of sun lotion SP50.

Edited by twix38
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, twix38 said:

near-by ambulance not ready to try to save a life!

It's so much easier to meet your maker living in Thailand....more risks taken and more danger present. Must be due another regular balcony flying event soon!

Meanwhile wear plenty of sun lotion SP50.

I’ve often thought the birth canal far too perilous for most to undertake without a helmet; I am now convinced of it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, harrycallahan said:

I drive one. It's common knowledge (where I am) you don't drive around with the forks more than a few inches off the ground. 

I lost an old 'mucker' of mine in the Oman to an accident like this. Fork lift came round a corner in a warehouse with the forks at head height! Old Pat never stood a chance.

• Sad 1