Mental Health Patient Drowns 11-Year-Old Child in Pattaya Reservoir

webfact

image.jpeg

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Pattaya — A reportedly mentally ill man drowned an 11-year-old child in a Pattaya reservoir yesterday, March 26th.

Sawang Boriboon rescuers and police rushed to the Huai Chak Nok Reservoir in Pattaya to rescue a drowning child around 3:30 PM. Many onlookers including the child’s friends were present at the incident site.

The friends pointed at the water where they had last seen their 11-year-old friend struggling for air before submerging. The rescuers immediately dived into the spot and rescued the drowning child in under 30 minutes. However, the child had tragically passed away from drowning.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/03/27/mental-health-patient-drowns-11-year-old-child-in-pattaya-reservoir/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-03-27

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 4

What a sad story. RIP.

There are clearly exceptional circumstances in this case but it's also another example of lack of education for Thai kids on basic/survival swimming. If the lad, or indeed his friends, could have swum to a reasonable proficiency, he would probably still be alive.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Hi there, in the past 20 odd years I lived in Thailand I can't how understand how the vast majorty of Thais are devout Buddhists considering the sadistic crime rate. What would the crime rate be like if they were total non believers?

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

Hi there, in the past 20 odd years I lived in Thailand I can't how understand how the vast majorty of Thais are devout Buddhists considering the sadistic crime rate. What would the crime rate be like if they were total non believers?

Most countries in the World have a Major religion followed (loosely) by the majority of the population. All those countries have high crime rates for wrong doings which are against the religion of their country. Thailand and Thai people are no different. In this case mental disability would appear to be the root cause, which does not fit your Sadistic crime scenario.

13 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Why didn't the friends help, old enough to ride motorbikes. Slightly suspicious it isn't a true reflection of events

None of them could swim according to the OP.  Young kids are drawn to water to play and it is a tragedy this can happen. My mother's voice, 'don't go playing near the lodge' comes to mind. 

13 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

First, technically, Buddhism is a philosophy not a religion. It does not have or worship a god-head

Directly to your question... Obviously, failed Buddhists. Where in the world is people transgressing from the orthodoxy of their religion not normal??

18 hours ago, realfunster said:

What a sad story. RIP.

There are clearly exceptional circumstances in this case but it's also another example of lack of education for Thai kids on basic/survival swimming. If the lad, or indeed his friends, could have swum to a reasonable proficiency, he would probably still be alive.  

If the fing crazy man didn't murder the innocent child he would still be alive.

FTFY

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

None of them could swim according to the OP.  Young kids are drawn to water to play and it is a tragedy this can happen. My mother's voice, 'don't go playing near the lodge' comes to mind. 

As long as they haven't pinned it on the autistic guy