Patong fight between restaurant staff and foreign tourists

snoop1130

Anyway good to see its not the Brits or Aussies... would have been embarrassing going home at 1am when the night is still young - Light weights!

Obvs BS story as there was not even a que at Atlas (is it still owned by the two Aussie Bros of I think Moroccan decent) They do a great Mixed Grill BTW

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lokie said:

Anyway good to see its not the Brits or Aussies... would have been embarrassing going home at 1am when the night is still young - Light weights!

Obvs BS story as there was not even a que at Atlas (is it still owned by the two Aussie Bros of I think Moroccan decent) They do a great Mixed Grill BTW

Mixed grill... 1960,s Olympic Cafe style.????

3 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

Pretty disappointing fight IMO.

The only good part was when one employee accidentally hit his coworker in the head with that plastic (broom?) handle

Terrible camera work. Good on the refs for letting them go. Should have been able to have a better looking set of ring girls. Poor standup and grappling by the fighters, low level promotion.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

If it lasts the full 24 hours you’ll really get the hump ? 
Any way,it’s still vague by not clarifying whether dromedary or bactrian . 

i'm sure you can clarify what kind of dinosaur you parked out back though right ?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, pagallim said:

An observation.   Many Middle East muslims drink alcohol, though not drawing attention to themselves.   I've been in the Business Lounge in Dubai/Bahrain many times observing Saudi's topping up before their flights to Riyhad etc.   At the moment, it's Ramadan, a month where Muslims cannot eat nor drink from sunrise to sunset.   When the sun goes down, they tend to party and gorge themsevles, and if alcohol is involved having not eaten for how ever many hours, that's going to cause problems.   So, whilst they may not adher to the Muslim 'no alcohol' script, adhering to Ramadan whilst on holiday is going to be an issue.

Being born into the Muslim faith does not mean you have to be observant. I have been to many bars in Muscat and seen locals drinking at professional levels. Just as I was born into the Christian faith but am not a believer, it is entirely feasible that, if these guys are Muslims, the faith they were born into means little to them.  

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Being born into the Muslim faith does not mean you have to be observant. I have been to many bars in Muscat and seen locals drinking at professional levels. Just as I was born into the Christian faith but am not a believer, it is entirely feasible that, if these guys are Muslims, the faith they were born into means little to them.  

Apostasy from Islam is considered hudud and punishment is the death penalty. 

Looks as though the "News Team" and most of the posters here have got it wrong, the link that is provided in the OP clearly states that the Jordanian , Egyptian and the third unknown nationality were employees of the restaurant, the nationalities of the intoxicated tourists were unknown....

"Three foreigners who were Mr. MOHAMMAD JEHAD, Jordanian, MOHAMMAD ALOMARI, an Egyptian, and Mr. WAI LU SOE, nationality unknown, who said to police that they worked legally at the bar/restaurant.

The three restaurant workers told officers that there were five foreign tourists of unknown nationality who were extremely intoxicated".

https://thephuketexpress.com/2023/03/27/wild-brawl-between-foreign-staff-and-tourists-goes-viral-in-patong-phuket-video/

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Most Muslims are only "dry" in their own country.

Thousands cross borders every weekend for a "blow-out" and thousands more go on holidays to let their hair down and forget all about religion.

And none of the tourists in this incident have been confirmed as being Muslims according to the original report in the OP link, only, possibly, two of the staff who were involved.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1