Tourist Visa from UK

Hi all, I’m currently in the UK applying for a 60 day single entry tourist visa with a view to applying for a “retirement” visa once in Thailand and just wondered if anyone can clear a couple of things up for me with regards to the online application form. 

1 - With regards to the proof of accommodation in Thailand requirement - I currently have a six month lease on a condo in bkk but unfortunately I don’t have a copy of the contract here with me to download. If I were to book a hotel just for one night on the date of my arrival and download the booking would that suffice ? 

2 - I don’t work anymore as I earn a living from an investment in Thailand , the application asks for a confirmation letter from employer,school,self assessment or pension statement. Non of these apply to me although I do have an old self assessment statement from April ‘22 . Would this suffice or if not can anyone suggest how to get around this ? 

3 - “Applicant for evisa via specific embassy/consulate confirming with his/her consular jurisdiction and residency. Applicant is required to upload document that can verify his/her current residency.”

Does this mean that they just want proof of my UK address eg phone bill or similar ? 

Thanks 

1) I suggest you make a cancellable booking at a hotel for a couple of weeks.

2) The employer thing is only required (if at all) for a multiple entry tourist visa application.

3) If applying from your home country, no proof of residency is necessary.

If planning to "convert" to a retirement visa and subsequent extensions in Thailand, it is probably easier just to enter Thailand visa exempt. If you need extra time before making the visa application at Immigration, you can get a 30-day extension.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1