Samui. 

went to  do a TM30 last year, from Pattaya to Kho Phangan last year

told to go away and do it in Pattaya, not Samui

wouldnt let me do a 90 day report either

told  him to stick it and have never been back

HE

problems with Samui

On 3/29/2023 at 1:22 PM, khunPer said:

For house master that can be a user, if you own your own condo or house; a foreigner can own a house, but not the land under it. I'm a registered there, I'm am user, but also house master, so I need to make a TM30 for both myself in my own house, and when I have foreign guests visting me...:thumbsup:

I hope you don't mean that both landlord and tenant must register T.M. 30 when renting an apartment where the landlord automatically registers the tenants as a resident of the property, whether it is for a long-term rental of an apartment or a hotel room for one night!?????

Felt

15 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

I hope you don't mean that both landlord and tenant must register T.M. 30 when renting an apartment where the landlord automatically registers the tenants as a resident of the property, whether it is for a long-term rental of an apartment or a hotel room for one night!?????

Felt

I wrote "... if you own your own condo or house...", so the owner is the landlord...????

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

I wrote "... if you own your own condo or house...", so the owner is the landlord...????

No problem with that. I was just wondering if I might have to report in person to Immigration even though the aparthotel has done it and I have even been given a print out of their online T.M 30 registration to keep in my passport!

Felt

2 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

No problem with that. I was just wondering if I might have to report in person to Immigration even though the aparthotel has done it and I have even been given a print out of their online T.M 30 registration to keep in my passport!

Felt

No need to go in person as long as your 'house master' has reported you and you have the print out. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

No need to go in person as long as your 'house master' has reported you and you have the print out. 

Thanks, I also basically understood it this way, but with the wavering various IO offices are doing these days regarding T.M 30 even with a new law from 2020, one becomes skeptical.

Felt

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

Thanks, I also basically understood it this way, but with the wavering various IO offices are doing these days regarding T.M 30 even with a new law from 2020, one becomes skeptical.

Felt

Print the 2020 law change out in Thai and show them, if nothing else its amusing to see their confusion or denials that it changed anything

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

Felt

Probably not, as you have been registered...????

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've got my second marriage extension coming up at Samui immigration next month. I went overseas earlier in the year & forgot about doing a TM.30 because I was returning to my same registered address on a re-entry permit. Can anyone confirm whether I will more than likely still be told to submit a new TM.30 when doing the extension?

Edited by yabbra

On 3/31/2023 at 4:06 PM, proton said:

Print the 2020 law change out in Thai and show them, if nothing else its amusing to see their confusion or denials that it changed anything

Weird sense of humor there but in all honesty, why bother?

When their published rules, laws and regulations include the all encompassing "and anything else that the officer may require", trying to tell them they're either incompetent or deceitful is not really a winning strategy.

1 hour ago, yabbra said:

I've got my second marriage extension coming up at Samui immigration next month. I went overseas earlier in the year & forgot about doing a TM.30 because I was returning to my same registered address on a re-entry permit. Can anyone confirm whether I will more than likely still be told to submit a new TM.30 when doing the extension?

I didn't make a new TM30 last time I entered Thailand from abroad back in August 2022. I renewed my extension of stay at Samui Immigration in October with a print of my two years old TM30 registration. After the new rules you don't need a new TM30 if you stay at the same address.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Why does a pissant island have more than one immigration office?

(rhetorical)

One is the Crime Suppression Division. But it looked like they were aiming to take on more responsibility.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, khunPer said:

I didn't make a new TM30 last time I entered Thailand from abroad back in August 2022. I renewed my extension of stay at Samui Immigration in October with a print of my two years old TM30 registration. After the new rules you don't need a new TM30 if you stay at the same address.

But what if you have made an overnight stay at a hotel in Bangkok before you return to your usual address on Samui?

The report the hotel makes means your Samui address will have been removed therefore presumably a new TM30 needs to be completed

15 hours ago, Tmoney said:

But what if you have made an overnight stay at a hotel in Bangkok before you return to your usual address on Samui?

The report the hotel makes means your Samui address will have been removed therefore presumably a new TM30 needs to be completed

No, not after the new rules. You can travel domestic to other provinces and stay in hotels and private and return without a new TM30, if that place is your reported address, and from abroad if you have a multiple entry visa or re-entry permit.

However, as almost always, there might be difference between the immigration offices in how they bends the rules.

The original article was here at ASEAN NOW, se especially article 2 in the translation...

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

No, not after the new rules. You can travel domestic to other provinces and stay in hotels and private and return without a new TM30, if that place is your reported address, and from abroad if you have a multiple entry visa or re-entry permit.

However, as almost always, there might be difference between the immigration offices in how they bends the rules.

The original article was here at ASEAN NOW, se especially article 2 in the translation...

"No, not after the new rules. You can travel domestic to other provinces and stay in hotels and private and return without a new TM30, if that place is your reported address, and from abroad if you have a multiple entry visa or re-entry permit.

However, as almost always, there might be difference between the immigration offices in how they bends the rules."

So, this is the Samui forum.

How do Samui Immigration interpret the rule then?

I shall be returning on a re-entry permit, do I need to complete a new TM30 after arriving in Samui having entered the country and stayed 2 nights in Bangkok?

19 hours ago, Tmoney said:

"No, not after the new rules. You can travel domestic to other provinces and stay in hotels and private and return without a new TM30, if that place is your reported address, and from abroad if you have a multiple entry visa or re-entry permit.

However, as almost always, there might be difference between the immigration offices in how they bends the rules."

So, this is the Samui forum.

How do Samui Immigration interpret the rule then?

I shall be returning on a re-entry permit, do I need to complete a new TM30 after arriving in Samui having entered the country and stayed 2 nights in Bangkok?

As I already answered earlier in this thread...:thumbsup:

On 6/26/2023 at 8:51 AM, khunPer said:

• Like 1

On 6/26/2023 at 12:39 PM, NanLaew said:

Weird sense of humor there but in all honesty, why bother?

When their published rules, laws and regulations include the all encompassing "and anything else that the officer may require", trying to tell them they're either incompetent or deceitful is not really a winning strategy.

inany case they do what they want depending on if they are having a good day or not, running around about the rulz hardly means anything

4 hours ago, khunPer said:

As I already answered earlier in this thread...:thumbsup:

On 6/26/2023 at 8:51 AM, khunPer said:

The problem starts when you stay elsewhere and that place records a TM 30 for you.

You should re-register at your usual address.

I have been going to Phuket a lot in the last 9 months and the hotel where I stay always registers my TM 30 at the hotel so I always re-register when I get home.

It only take two or three minutes. Almost the same time as writing this response.

19 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

The problem starts when you stay elsewhere and that place records a TM 30 for you.

You should re-register at your usual address.

I have been going to Phuket a lot in the last 9 months and the hotel where I stay always registers my TM 30 at the hotel so I always re-register when I get home.

It only take two or three minutes. Almost the same time as writing this response.

Not according to the new rules, but ask Samui Immigration if you are in doubt about how they implements the rules...????

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/26/2023 at 12:22 PM, yabbra said:

Just to follow up what I asked here...I went for my extension on Thursday & the officer insisted that I needed to do a new a TM.30 because I left the country...I queried why & got it confirmed by another senior officer as well...Luckily, I had the online app on my phone & could re-register right there at the desk...Then printed off a paper copy downstairs without having to come back later.

Edited by yabbra
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1