Visit from Immigration today. TM.30

6 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

They don't know their own rules.

I know. I was going to show them this, (see bold), but didn't seem worth the argument:

http://www.suratimmigration.go.th/images/point.jpg Notification of residence of foreigners for businesses

According to section 38 of the 1979 immigration act, "House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national.

I will go tomorrow and try and get a new "permit" stapled into my passport.

• Thumbs Up 1

Immigration also filed in a form for me when TM30 started . I have never filled in one since and renew my retirement visa each year with no request to see a TM30 . I am in process of changing my visa and am told unless I leave Thailand I need to present a recently filed TM30 . I live in my own house , do not rent . Do I have to visit immigration to report each time I travel outside Samui ? 

37 minutes ago, churchill said:

Immigration also filed in a form for me when TM30 started . I have never filled in one since and renew my retirement visa each year with no request to see a TM30 . I am in process of changing my visa and am told unless I leave Thailand I need to present a recently filed TM30 . I live in my own house , do not rent . Do I have to visit immigration to report each time I travel outside Samui ? 

No, if you are so-called "house master" – i.e., own your house – you just register in the before mentioned link and report TM30 by Internet. You can print a receipt for Samui Immigration. Your end-of-.stay date when reporting will be the end of permitted annual extension, as you cannot stay longer than the stamp in your passport...????

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

Because Samui Immigration is well known for having their own, little different rules...:whistling:

The old TM30-site for Surat Thani Immigration is no longer working, you need to register with the nationwide TM30-site HERE...????

Yes, but it seems as if Choengmon Imm doesn't apply the same rules as Maenam Imm.

Quick question:

My landlord filed the TM 30 for me.

I just logged into my own TM 30 (web site) and it is not updated from years ago address.

i tried to update the address but it will not allow me to do so.

As I have a copy of the Landlords TM 30 am I good to go?

Why wont my TM 30 update? 
BTW I received a new Non O last month with immigration police visit to my villa.

Cheers!

6 minutes ago, PumpkinEater said:

Quick question:

I just logged into my own TM 30 (web site) and it is not updated from years ago address.

BTW I received a new Non O last month with immigration police visit to my villa.

Cheers!

TM30 online login credentials are for the property not the user.

Edited by Lemsta69
  • Like 1

Requirements will always vary slightly from office to office but in my city my wife only registers me as staying at her house when I return from a trip abroad. She never does it when we've been out of the district and they seem happy with that.

4 minutes ago, Jaggg88 said:

Requirements will always vary slightly from office to office but in my city my wife only registers me as staying at her house when I return from a trip abroad. She never does it when we've been out of the district and they seem happy with that.

No need to do one returning from abroad, the law changed in 2020, only if returning with a new visa or passport

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, phetphet said:

Yes, but it seems as if Choengmon Imm doesn't apply the same rules as Maenam Imm.

I didn't know that there is a Surat Thani branch immigration office in Choengmon – that's news info...????

3 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

TM30 online login credentials are for the property not the user.

For house master that can be a user, if you own your own condo or house; a foreigner can own a house, but not the land under it. I'm a registered there, I'm am user, but also house master, so I need to make a TM30 for both myself in my own house, and when I have foreign guests visting me...:thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, PumpkinEater said:

Quick question:

Cheers!

Because the file you log into is for a house master, and it only updates what that specific house master has registered...????

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, khunPer said:

I didn't know that there is a Surat Thani branch immigration office in Choengmon – that's news info...????

Been there for quite a while now. Coming from Choengmon village, it's up the soi before Choengmon Post Office.

I don't think you can do 90 Day report there, but was told yesterday that if you go there to prove address, they will give you a paper to take to Lipa Noi for change name on Green Book for motorbike.

Edited by phetphet
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Been there for quite a while now. Coming from Choengmon village, it's up the soi before Choengmon Post Office.

I don't think you can do 90 Day report there, but was told yesterday that if you go there to prove address, they will give you a paper to take to Lipa Noi for change name on Green Book for motorbike.

So it's not a "real" immigration office, where you can do annual extensions of stay..?

10 hours ago, Jaggg88 said:

Not even a trip out of Thailand I was told last July at Kalasin IB when wife and I attended to do the TM30 as coming in on a new visa.  Provided you are returning on a re entry permit and still have time to run in your permission to stay. The permit wouldn't be valid if you didn't.  Whilst without it any permission to stay is cancelled on exit.

So I got the re entry permit from them. Left Thailand for UK coincidentally just before the 90 day reporting window closed. Came back 3 weeks later and was stamped in until expiry of current permission to stay. Applied to register for 90 day online report. Accepted. Did the online 90 day report as soon as I could. Details accepted and completed application form emailed to me. 3 days later another email with confirmation of 90 day report and a downloadable notice of this with due date for next one.

Would I have had that if my departure and return triggered the need for a fresh TM 30?

On 3/29/2023 at 1:44 PM, phetphet said:

I gave the wrong directions there. It's not the  soi before Choengmon Post Office, but  about 100 metres further up the hill. It's the same soi as Choengmon Garden Homes & Resort.

Went there today to update Notification of Address.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Not even a trip out of Thailand I was told last July at Kalasin IB when wife and I attended to do the TM30 as coming in on a new visa.  Provided you are returning on a re entry permit and still have time to run in your permission to stay. The permit wouldn't be valid if you didn't.  Whilst without it any permission to stay is cancelled on exit.

So I got the re entry permit from them. Left Thailand for UK coincidentally just before the 90 day reporting window closed. Came back 3 weeks later and was stamped in until expiry of current permission to stay. Applied to register for 90 day online report. Accepted. Did the online 90 day report as soon as I could. Details accepted and completed application form emailed to me. 3 days later another email with confirmation of 90 day report and a downloadable notice of this with due date for next one.

Would I have had that if my departure and return triggered the need for a fresh TM 30?

That's a question for your local immigration office as they make up the rules and not the online reporting system.

50 minutes ago, Jaggg88 said:

That's a question for your local immigration office as they make up the rules and not the online reporting system.

I entirely agree. And that's the problem looking at this from our side of the fence. No consistency. Certainly not with the actual rules as I understand them. It seems to me my recent experience is logical. Others experience at the mercy of either an individual IO or local office "policy" is not at all, other than sadism and the income from levying ( illegal) fines.

That said, it happens in other countries too. Post brexit Brits in France are finding some local immigration offices (prefectures) and staff are levying fees  when they shouldn't be.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

That is how I  have understood it. I haven't done a TM.30 since pre Covid. I was told not necessary once I had given Notification of Address. Then with the visit the other day, they told me I not only have to report when I return from outside Thailand, but whenever I leave home and stay somewhere else.

Anyway. I have now redone Notification of Address, got the paper stapled into my passport, and will do 'in person' TM.30 reports each time I return from a trip. I pass the Choengmon Office every day so no big deal. They will have to do the entries into their database themselves.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, phetphet said:

Then with the visit the other day, they told me I not only have to report when I return from outside Thailand, but whenever I leave home and stay somewhere else

Oh boy! That's back to what I and wife were told when this very suddenly became an immigration "thing". Couldn't go anywhere for even in theory  1 night out and a room so as not to drink and drive without triggering the need for a TM 30. At that time our office was a 2.5 hr drive each way so wife refused to do them. End of. Surprisingly as far as I am aware there were no consequences at extension time. I certainly did not pay any fine.