2023 Bangkok International Motor Show

ozimoron

On 4/1/2023 at 2:57 PM, JayBird said:

Is there any benefit from buying during a show as opposed to at the show?

For normal cars, not luxury or super.

Girlfriend bought a new MG4 EV at the show.  The benefit over our local dealership was that 8 years of free maintenance was included in the price.   Otherwise, I can't see any benefit...  actually a bit of a pain as she had to go back up to BKK to pick up the car.

I got an MG EP EV (now called 'MG ES') 2 years ago when they first came out here in Thailand.  I have serious car envy now, the MG4 is by far the better vehicle.  Designed from ground up as an EV, rear  wheel drive, 50/50 weight distribution and far nicer suspension.  Not as comfy, but handles incredibly well for a sub 1 million baht car (after EV discount from government, and only available to Thais).   MG4 has a smaller trunk/boot, but feels a little larger in the passenger area.

Pretty smart marketing for an EV as in 55,000km and 2 years, my MG EP has required the addition of windshield washer fluid and literally nothing else except a set of tires as it is way too fun to light them up with the instantaneous full torque from stop lights.  :D

• Love It 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, sharksy said:

Either you had a proper camera or I was just hideous looking, but the beauties turned away from me and pretty much posed for the "professional" cameras there.  Maybe I went the wrong day.

I just had a phone. I stood among the professional photographers ????

• Haha 1