Bangkok Bank mobile app

1 hour ago, Raindancer said:

Thanks for the info.    I discovered in my Samsung phone> settings> accessibility, I had it activated for SD MAID.

And like you, I have to turn it off to use Bbk app and then back on to use it.

Wrote to the developer with screenshot of the banking app security notice.   He said that this was nothing to do with him, but something the bank has done.

Seems a little OTT by the bank. Their app has no permissions and cannot be" "on top" and overlay other apps.

But I'm sure they have their reasons. 

I no longer ask Why when it comes to anything related to Thai People or Thai Businesses.   I just wonder it other Thai. Bank apps have this issue or just Bangkok Bank?

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

Have you read the list of things that the app wants access to? If not please do.

No I haven't and no I won't. I have no interest in the app.

I was responding, pure and simple, to the claim that "this [blocking access to the app based on other apps that are installed] should tell you that they look at everything on your phone". Which is logically flawed.

If you had said something along the lines of "that doesn't surprise me; look at the list of permissions they ask for. That should warn you that they look at everything on your phone" it would have had at least some kind of logic behind it.

But that's not what you said.

Edited by JayClay
  • Confused 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/4/2023 at 4:00 PM, sqwakvfr said:

I just wonder it other Thai. Bank apps have this issue or just Bangkok Bank?

I aws just told by a friend that the same problem exists with the SCB and the Kasikorn app. I am using only BBL.

1 hour ago, hkt83100 said:

I aws just told by a friend that the same problem exists with the SCB and the Kasikorn app. I am using only BBL.

If you refer to the "accessibility" feature then this is quite likely.

The banking apps do not work if any kind of screen recording/screenshot features are on. I tried to get around by using Android screen recorder. What I get is a black screen.

SCB refused to work with USB debugging on.

No other app ever complained.

Edited by KhunBENQ

• 6 months later...

Ive Just installed the Bangkok Bank mobile app on my new Android mobile phone ( ZTE running MyOS 13 ) and tried to get the app to work. 

If I had any hair left It would have pulled it out by now :biggrin:

The message I keep getting when trying to run the app is this ( see screen shot ) 

Ive tried every thing , and still no luck . Has any one actually managed to get this Bangkok Bank app , working on their Android mobile phone, and if so can you please , please , please tell me how .

Thanks .

Bangkok Bank1.jpg

Here is the answer:

Settings> Accessibility > Installed Apps 

... And then switch off all Apps that are currently on.

The bank app is worried that these apps which have advanced accessibility to your phone are able to read your phone screen even when you're using the app. It's obviously is a security danger.

The banking app refuses to function unless you switch off those advanced functions. You'll have to do this each time you use the banking app. Yes it is annoying but it is the only way for the banks to be sure that a third party is not watching you stick in your PIN number or read your fingerprint.

The apps with this function are things like antivirus apps and apps which change your screen presentation or apps which block adverts in YouTube etc. . That is, any app that needs to be able to "see" the screen.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

The apps with this function are things like antivirus apps and apps which change your screen presentation or apps which block adverts in YouTube etc. . That is, any app that needs to be able to "see" the screen.

I had to uninstall an ad-blocker for my BKB app to function properly after an update late last year.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

Here is the answer:

Settings> Accessibility > Installed Apps 

... And then switch off all Apps that are currently on.

The bank app is worried that these apps which have advanced accessibility to your phone are able to read your phone screen even when you're using the app. It's obviously is a security danger.

The banking app refuses to function unless you switch off those advanced functions. You'll have to do this each time you use the banking app. Yes it is annoying but it is the only way for the banks to be sure that a third party is not watching you stick in your PIN number or read your fingerprint.

Thanks , I'm going to give it a try , will report back 

• Like 1

On 4/1/2023 at 6:09 PM, alanrchase said:

The issue seems to have been caused by Avast mobile security web protector. I just did a scan after reinstalling the app and was prompted to turn web protector on. I checked the bank app afterwards and got the security alert again. Went into settings again and turned it off and the bank app works. Web protector is in the accessibility settings.

I had a similar problem with my banking app and it turned out to be my Kaspersky virus app causing the problem. The antivirus apps have permission to access  the banking apps for security reasons. The banking apps do not allow this because of banking security. I had to disable Kaspersky  and everything was working fine. 

Edited by msbkk