Arrived back to Chiang Mai today. Couldn't see the place from the aircraft window until we were less than fifty metres off the ground.

nglodnig

I first came to Chiang Mai in '93 to play in the international cricket 6's. (a lot younger then.)

Could not see more than 100 metres in front of you.

Didn't see the sun for a week.

Nothing has changed, it is just reported more intensely.

Been living East Pattaya last 10 years & now smelling fires this time of year.????????

• Like 2

On 4/4/2023 at 1:57 AM, Lion21 said:

A minimum of respect and honesty towards visitors dictates that the Thai tourism industry informs about the extreme air pollution in the country.

I always thought it was common knowledge about pollution from burning across SE Asia.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Where did the OP say 'the bloke' was wearing a mask?

he WAS actually and doing a strange sort of dancing "twitch" in his seat overreacting to the pain he was going through being sat next to someone without a mask. I thought he was having convulsions 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, nglodnig said:

he WAS actually and doing a strange sort of dancing "twitch" in his seat overreacting to the pain he was going through being sat next to someone without a mask. I thought he was having convulsions 

He WAS? How were readers to know this when your OP didn't state that? Hmmmmmm

I think you were being impolite. I would have said something as well if you were hacking around me. Have some common courtesy. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/2/2023 at 10:27 PM, Henryford said:

You should have told him that recent studies have proved that masks are totally useless against Covid, and PM2.5

recent studies by whom?....please provide said link......i can post a link for common courtesy of others, but that doesnt seem to apply to grumpy grievance growling grandpas here, whom im guessing are bitter old white males...and republican......(your username says it all)

On 4/3/2023 at 1:20 PM, Lucky Bones said:

Conditioning. It starts at birth.

im gonna go out on a limb and offer personal choice...freewill?  or that only applies to the entitled grumpy grandpas that want to control everyones choices

ill wait for the link of your source and claim...thanks!

6 hours ago, nglodnig said:

6 hours ago, nglodnig said:

he was likely having a reaction to your self imposed "affluenza"......because your decisions are exempt from basic common courtesy on a plane....also thanks for being a wonderful example for all of us as GUESTS in HIS country.....give yourself a pat on the back for farangs and our reputation as tourists/expats

4 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

im gonna go out on a limb and offer personal choice...freewill?  or that only applies to the entitled grumpy grandpas that want to control everyones choices

ill wait for the link of your source and claim...thanks!

Fair call/choice.

There is no "link" to personal choice.

And no....I'm not grumpy grandpa last time I checked.

Just abhor masks.????????

19 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

Fair call/choice.

There is no "link" to personal choice.

And no....I'm not grumpy grandpa last time I checked.

Just abhor masks.????????

so i wear one as im a guest in LOS...do you think i LIKE it...or is the right thing to do as a guest and my efforts to lead by example..esp in a "hive mind" country where thais think about the greater good, one big family......as the saying goes there are always 1000 eyes on you in LOS....i make efforts to be a good "guest"

as for the grumpy grandpa...give it time here.....they are rampant on these forums as i foolishly just returned to to see whats happening in LOS.... ????

• Love It 1

6 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

so i wear one as im a guest in LOS...do you think i LIKE it...or is the right thing to do as a guest and my efforts to lead by example..esp in a "hive mind" country where thais think about the greater good, one big family......as the saying goes there are always 1000 eyes on you in LOS....i make efforts to be a good "guest"

as for the grumpy grandpa...give it time here.....they are rampant on these forums as i foolishly just returned to to see whats happening in LOS.... ????

No. You are not a "guest" in Thailand.

For as long as you think that way your mindset is conditioned.

Immigration/RTP like to project that thought.

And no, you didn't "foolishly return".

You must have made a rational decision to return.

Try to be an individual.

No. Grumpy grandpas are your way of dealing with others.

Keep your muzzle if need be. You are certainly not leading by example.????????

17 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

No. You are not a "guest" in Thailand.

For as long as you think that way your mindset is conditioned.

Immigration/RTP like to project that thought.

And no, you didn't "foolishly return".

You must have made a rational decision to return.

Try to be an individual.

No. Grumpy grandpas are your way of dealing with others.

Keep your muzzle if need be. You are certainly not leading by example.????????

then please correct me as...since you seem top have all the answers of my life and choices, as well as others you dont even know

im all ears.....please enlighten us all of great one

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2023 at 6:49 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

We all stopped wearing masks about two years ago (back in the West) , why are they still wearing masks in Thailand ?

I followed the guidelines to wear a mask for two years or more until I decided I knew better last November. Told my wife she was daft for continuing to wear one and went out shopping without one. 2 days later I was in bed with my first case of COVID-19. Anecdotal evidence of course and doesn't prove anything but if you can't understand that any kind of physical barrier is better than none, I don't know what to say really.

I've read all the counter arguments about how the (viral) particles are smaller than the holes in most of the masks but you don't have to be Einstein to understand that the particles don't all travel in a straight line that coincidentally goes straight through the nearest hole. If you're confused by what I'm saying, go buy 50 balls that are slightly smaller than the holes in a tennis net then put all the balls in a bucket and throw them at the net. If all of them go through the net then I'll stop wearing a mask.

5 minutes ago, Mark1066 said:

I followed the guidelines to wear a mask for two years or more until I decided I knew better last November. Told my wife she was daft for continuing to wear one and went out shopping without one. 2 days later I was in bed with my first case of COVID-19. Anecdotal evidence of course and doesn't prove anything but if you can't understand that any kind of physical barrier is better than none, I don't know what to say really.

I've read all the counter arguments about how the (viral) particles are smaller than the holes in most of the masks but you don't have to be Einstein to understand that the particles don't all travel in a straight line that coincidentally goes straight through the nearest hole. If you're confused by what I'm saying, go buy 50 balls that are slightly smaller than the holes in a tennis net then put all the balls in a bucket and throw them at the net. If all of them go through the net then I'll stop wearing a mask.

Is the solution to spend the rest of your life wearing a mask ?

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Is the solution to spend the rest of your life wearing a mask ?

No, probably not but for me it's still a valid choice if someone wishes to wear one. There's no reason (scientific or ego based) to laugh at people who do.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1