Arrived back to Chiang Mai today. Couldn't see the place from the aircraft window until we were less than fifty metres off the ground.

nglodnig

But, unbelievably, I was sat in the middle of three seats and have a (slight)  cough. The bloke next to me asked if I would mind if I wear a mask and said  yes I would(mind), I tested myself for Covid  (recentl and yes it was negative) , this is a just bit of catarrh from my hay fever/asthma and not infectious. I said I would wear a mask when I get outside but see no point in wearing one inside the (hopefully filtered) plane. He got the hump and moved seats giving me more room. Must remember to do that again. ???? 

And of course greeted with 400-500+ (Aqicn) SMOG which is "merely" down to the two hundreds this afternoon. Wore a mask whem cycling, first ever I've done this, I am often here February/March but never felt the need before.

Edited by nglodnig
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 7
  • Thumbs Up 1

We were very glad we left CMX just after lunch today,the 1st photo was taken coming in to land at CMX on 14th March the 2nd photo was taken today after taking off,the 3rd photo is looking down on the pollution and the 4th one is coming in to land at DMK today,the 5th was taken leaving DMK on the 14th March(as a comparison)..Like nglodnig, I to have been having problems with catarrh for the last week or so,I've also been feeling slightly ill which I suspect is the effects of the smog,we're off back to the problems in the UK next week - but at least we won't have to contend with the awful pollution you have here.

P1040589_v1.JPG

P1050642_v1.JPG

P1050643_v1.JPG

P1050648_v1.JPG

P1040582_v1.JPG

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, cmjl said:

We were very glad we left CMX just after lunch today,the 1st photo was taken coming in to land at CMX on 14th March the 2nd photo was taken today after taking off,the 3rd photo is looking down on the pollution and the 4th one is coming in to land at DMK today,the 5th was taken leaving DMK on the 14th March(as a comparison)..Like nglodnig, I to have been having problems with catarrh for the last week or so,I've also been feeling slightly ill which I suspect is the effects of the smog,we're off back to the problems in the UK next week - but at least we won't have to contend with the awful pollution you have here.

P1040589_v1.JPG

P1050642_v1.JPG

P1050643_v1.JPG

P1050648_v1.JPG

P1040582_v1.JPG

You should have lifted the screen blinds to get a clearer and better shot!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

For the OP;

How did you measure the height as exactly (ok approx) fifty meters while on an angled descent?

Seems strange as I have been clearly watching aircraft climbing away from CNX airport all day today which is 5 km away and they are definitely more than 50 meters above the ground.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

and they are definitely more than 50 meters above the ground.

I think they have to zero above the ground to qualify as a landing. It;'s called a guess for the purpose of the post. Next time I'll enable my GPS.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, nglodnig said:

I think they have to zero above the ground to qualify as a landing. It;'s called a guess for the purpose of the post. Next time I'll enable my GPS.

Ha, so it could have been 52 metres! ????

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, transam said:

And the farangy in CM not wearing one must be a complete tool.

But, the mask probably doesn't match his tattoo's...............:cowboy:

We all stopped wearing masks about two years ago (back in the West) , why are they still wearing masks in Thailand ?

• Like 2

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

We all stopped wearing masks about two years ago (back in the West) , why are they still wearing masks in Thailand ?

Smog, ageing diesels and of course, the pandemic isn't over yet. Folk are still going down with it, in the UK a C19 strain is on the rise.

But, it's up to you what you do in LOS................:intheclub:

• Haha 1

On 4/1/2023 at 9:51 PM, scottiejohn said:

For the OP;

How did you measure the height as exactly (ok approx) fifty meters while on an angled descent?

Seems strange as I have been clearly watching aircraft climbing away from CNX airport all day today which is 5 km away and they are definitely more than 50 meters above the ground.

I thought aircraft altitudes were measured in FEET not MTRS. 

But why?

What's the 6 yard box when playing footie in Europe? Or how far is the Penalty Spot from the goal-line. Hmmmm?

On 4/1/2023 at 9:51 PM, scottiejohn said:

For the OP;

You need to cut down on whatever you're smoking.

53 minutes ago, Henryford said:

You should have told him that recent studies have proved that masks are totally useless against Covid, and PM2.5

Studies since the beginning of time, repeated over and over, have proved that education is totally wasted on donuts.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 4/2/2023 at 7:06 PM, Chicksaw said:

Agree because the OP says

So the Thai or anyone next to OP must have been thinking, sh*t, what kind of disease could this coughing fool give me.

Utterly inconsiderate of the OP to be coughing in a closed space without a mask.

You thought like that before as well?
I do not care if people around cough me, as before 2020 you did not care as well.

Either my current immune system is strong enough to deal with it, or it will get trained.

Especially kids should get as much contact with pathogens as possible. That is why Japanese people if they are getting sick they always get sick very seriously and for a long time.

Please do not tell me they have the oldest people of the world, they just started wearing masks some decades ago.