Visa exempt to Non-O Marriage Visa conversion at CW Requirements

I've checked the requirements list to convert my visa exempt to a Non-O 90 days marriage visa in CW and I have some questions:

- Form TM87 => OK

- Copy of passport pages => OK

- ID Photos => OK

- Application fee 2,000 THB => OK 

- Copy of wife's ID card + Tabien baan => OK

- Kor Ror 2 + Kor Ror 3 => OK

- 6.1.3 A copy of letter certifying marital status before registration of marriage => Is it really required?

- 6.3 Letter from a government office, embassy or consulate, certifying that the applicant is a member of the referred family => Is it really required?

- Financial requirements => OK

- Housing requirements => OK

- Approximately 6 photographs of family pictures and house residents pictures (including House No. and inside a house) => Is it really required for visa conversion? If so, requirements are practically the same as per 1 year extension of stay...?

Has anyone got a recent conversion to Non O 90 days marriage visa in CW and could confirm which documents are actually required?

I don't have any specific information to your requirements list but I have a friend that did a visa exempt to NON-O for retirement only 2 months ago. Almost exactly the same paperwork required for NON-O and the annual extension.

So, your observation that:

"requirements are practically the same as per 1 year extension of stay"

is correct.

They basically want to see the same paperwork you intend to use for your annual extension before they grant you the NON-O .

In case you might be wondering about expiration dates, experience at Chaeng Wattana Bangkok. my friend got the NON-O which expired 90 days from application date. When he applied for his annual extension, prior to the NON-O expiration date, he received an annual extension that will expire 1 year from the expiration of his NON-O.

Edited by expat_4_life
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

What above poster is correct. You can not go from passport stamp to marriage visa. You will need to go to Chaeng Wattana first and get a 90 day non-o. Once that is set to expire you can apply for the non-o based on marriage

• 2 months later...

Feedback: Visa conversion at CW went smooth, noting that the Immigration Officer did actually ask for 6.1.3 A copy of letter certifying marital status before registration of marriage, that I could show issued from the Amphur where I've got married.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1