Australian Resort Boss Murdered While at Work in Krabi

webfact

9 minutes ago, Dan O said:
53 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Err, he was jailed several times, according to the report. Do you think he should have never been let of jail because of his assaults until it was time to burn him at the temple?

For a repetitive offender like him certainly shouldn't be out on the street repeating the same or worse anytime soon. If you think he should I'm sure you would have a different view had he killed a loved on of yours. Some people are habitual criminals without regard for their actions. Defending him shows a good deal about character 

He had previously been jailed for assaults. That doesn't condemn anyone anywhere to life behind bars. Maybe you think it should, but I'd say that's a little bit harsh - and it would require hundreds of new jails to be built as it's a common occurrence. So we'll have to agree to disagree on that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

He had previously been jailed for assaults. That doesn't condemn anyone anywhere to life behind bars. Maybe you think it should, but I'd say that's a little bit harsh - and it would require hundreds of new jails to be built as it's a common occurrence. So we'll have to agree to disagree on that.

Apparently you didn't read what I wrote. I never said life in prison, you did. I said repetitive violent offenders need to held accountable. When there's a clear pattern of assault and violence that's a huge red flag but I guess you may be color blind

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Well, for repeat offenders, who commit crimes of consequence, you know the system is utterly broken when they are spending more time on the streets, than in prison. Perhaps more needs to be done. Mandatory castration, exile, or worse? 

And I say that as a centrist democrat. Obviously, not a snowflake. And some of my friends recoil in horror. Ha! 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Are you only allowed to have a theory if you’re on the investigation? What do you imagine forums are for ? 
"RIP to victim" … how about an interesting contribution instead of an unoriginal mantra from a book of condolences . I suspect you don’t really have an emotional investment in the victim….

..no emotional investment..i don't believe i know the gentleman, but i thought it respectful to put these three letters when discussing anyones' death in multi media

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Well, for repeat offenders, who commit crimes of consequence, you know the system is utterly broken when they are spending more time on the streets, than in prison. Perhaps more needs to be done. Mandatory castration, exile, or worse? 

And I say that as a centrist democrat. Obviously, not a snowflake. And some of my friends recoil in horror. Ha! 

My thought is that they should be locked away for many, many years. But there are so many that it's not practical to do that. Exiled to an island that is kept under observation would be nice but, again, not practical. You'd need a thousand Alcatraz's and ones a hundred times its size.

52 minutes ago, tandor said:

..no emotional investment..i don't believe i know the gentleman, but i thought it respectful to put these three letters when discussing anyones' death in multi media

Count the number of comments which include the rather meaningless RIP (can you not ' rest in peace when dead ' ? ) and they are few and far between. So,Bizarre to reprimand someone for not using it especially when this is a news forum . NEWS…not a book of condolences.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Extreme coddling. They are an overly entitled gender here in the LOS. Boys from an early age are told they are special.

But why do they still believe they’re special when mainly doing menial jobs and can plainly see there are plenty of others (especially farang) including women who are obviously more pecunious  and better educated? Are they totally delusional ? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kuzmabruk said:

Have to be careful everywhere these days.  Last time I was in Vancouver, I was threatened by a homeless crazy guy at 9:30am outside my offices in the downtown financial center of Vancouver.  I luckily talked him down and he walked away.  Everywhere these days you see a lot of crazy.  

Did you get stabbed and slashed to death? apples and oranges...

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Extreme coddling. They are an overly entitled gender here in the LOS. Boys from an early age are told they are special.

What parents need to start doing is to tell their sons:

1. You are nothing special. You become special when you prove yourself to be a worth person. An exemplary character. A cut above the rest. Someone who gives and does not just take.

2. Your sister is special. She works hard, she is ambitious, and she is not lazy. Prove yourself to be at least equal to her. Women run this country.

3. Respect is not freely given. It must be earned. Go out into the world and earn respect.

I think you're bang on the money there. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Count the number of comments which include the rather meaningless RIP (can you not ' rest in peace when dead ' ? ) and they are few and far between. So,Bizarre to reprimand someone for not using it especially when this is a news forum . NEWS…not a book of condolences.

see ya.

4 hours ago, BangkokKnights said:

Lived here 23 years in Bangkok.

1. dont lend money to Thais

2. Dont drink with Thai men unless you have known them for years.

3 Never sleep with a Thai woman who is a friend of your gf or wife.

4. Avoid soi Thai men who ride motorbikes. Never yell or argue with them. All Thais have access to a gun.

Yes, to all.  I broke rule # 3 just to cause my girl to lose face.  She learnt her lesson when I slept with her best friends in BKK and Pattya.  

Regarding # 4, this black dude was arguing with a motorbike taxi guy who was taking me and my Girl home.  I did my best to defuse the issue, but the Thai motorbike guy got fed up and took his gun out and was ready if he came back one more time to argue.  I told him go ahead, not my problem.  Just another dumb idiot that will be dead.  He took us home.   That dude had no idea he was going to get shot.

9 hours ago, ukrules said:

I wonder how much the salary was, I kind of need to know to understand the motive here.

Thai pay 10 to 15k , salaries have nothing to do with him.However,as he is the 1 in the picture ,some thai expect much higher salary from a farang.

7 hours ago, Darksidedude said:

Have to be careful in Thailand, you need to know the mental state of whoever you are dealing with

How is that relevant here? How could he possibly know his mental state? lets assume a one a million that the ozzie knew his mental state then how would he deal with that. Just keep giving the girl more money would be the only solution and that aint gonna happen mental state or not

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Just my opinion, but I feel like Thai culture instils a certain amount of entitlement and fragility in some men, which is then combined with racism when it comes to foreign people.  And of course the whole "losing face" thing.

It seems that a lot of Thai men are raised to pretty much think they can do whatever they want.  There is no real punishment at school, cannot fail even if they do no work, parents don't punish them, criticism is a big no-no, and so on.  There is also an alarming amount of dependency, where some grown Thai men are happy to rely on their mothers, sisters, wives, etc., to support them financially through handouts.

Then you throw in the element of a foreigner and you're bringing in racism, resentment, further feelings of entitlement to money, coupled with the idea that you won't really face any consequences for attacking a non-Thai.

RIP to the victim

and you raise something that is overlooked

Male dominant societies exist in every non-rule of law country, the societies just hide behind Islamic Nationslism, Hindu, Budhism, Confucism, all varying ancient class systems, that some countries just fake and imitate rules based order bureaucracy, just to bring in Western Capital and develop an even stronger glass ceiling, using the fake bureaucracy to keep the masses under the strong glass ceiling, and turn them into low IQ imbiciles that sometimes go violently mad

I mentioned Confucism, because the Han Chinese class system is just as bad in how they treat women as the under class, just as the Islamic nationalists do, with a hugely corrupt society, and unlucky for the Thai's, as many are now in powerful positions, and like any autocratic regimes, hate and see the West as their nemesis

rule of law societies brings fairness to most of the people, no matter what the gender

So many foreigners come to live in Thailand or tourists, that they forget this could happen in many non-rule of countries around the world not just Thailand with low IQ, entitled or those gone mad locals

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

8 hours ago, Dan O said:

Are you on the police force working the case? 

No, but it does appear to be a lie. The woman owed money and wanted to borrow more according to another poster who got a Thai translation of the article.

So he was murdered for not lending more money, perhaps just a few thousand Baht to someone who doesn't repay their debts.

Every word they said was a lie, I have previously found that when someone lands in a 'bit of a pickle', like when they've been caught murdering someone they have a tendency to lie.

Clearer for you now?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Nicholas Paul KNIGHT said:

Ego or as MR PM would say Thainess, and they say This are nice people, they are as long as their GO is not bruised 

They are not all the same. Thai's ... These were Thai's from a Tourist Resort. Not a rural, self sufficient, fully functional and Independent Thai Town. (With few tourists) ...

The people WOULD be different I am sure. ... Tourism, Easy Money ? does NOT attract the best sort of People in my Opinion ?.  ... As in this case, the woman's stupid Husband, who has just made the worst mistake of his Life. (Like he will do just YEARS sharing a room and Toilet with hundreds of other poor unfortunate, and often just <Deleted> up men like he was. ?

And well ...

Also too big a Loan just to a staff member, I would say,  ... And his wife should have been Paying her her wages for working in the Resort any way ! ? Thai Business style. 

(My wife pays all of the house hold bills. And does it naturally like it is HER Job. and naturally does not get Soap Soft Cheated, like this guy might have ? ... Like she cheats me ..a bit ! ? But NO other people are allowed to do it and this is HER pride ! ? ... I guess. ?)

.... So possibly more to be found about their 9,000 B ? relationship ? If you Dig. ? I think ? ( ... 9,000 B for What ? )

... And his wife had the resort, so she probably did not care, as it kept him out of her Hair. ? 

... Though well this is not his fault of course either, he had it made ? Right ! ? A Resort, a wife managing it, and a Nice Mistress ??? (Possibly ? ) ...

He just miss calculated on the Woman's Husbands Real nature I guess ??? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, whereyougo said:

How is that relevant here? How could he possibly know his mental state? lets assume a one a million that the ozzie knew his mental state then how would he deal with that. Just keep giving the girl more money would be the only solution and that aint gonna happen mental state or not

He should have known the mental state of the woman's husband ! AND before he gave her any thing !!! ...

Why did he give her so much ??? ... He must have liked her !!! ... ??? ... Enter the jealous Husband. ... Not necessarily the straight debt situation yo all seem to like to make it ?  ?  ... Though well I also DO know that they do NOT like getting called to attention on their debts ! ... Like it seems like they DO try to make it your fault, for bringing it up !!! ... On that bit any way.

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Raymonddiaz said:

Sad dying like this. Many thai men are so immature. They act like animals. Parents don't teach boys on how to manage your anger. If you can't stop yourself, use your fists, not weapons. 

Have YOU ever tried teaching them That !!! ??? I have !!! and it is Really REALLY <Deleted> Hard !!! 

• Like 1