Australian Resort Boss Murdered While at Work in Krabi

webfact

5 minutes ago, Mark mark said:
25 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...alleged that she stole 10k".

Yes, I did miss that. 

I didn't miss the part that reported that she had been lent a similar amount by the owner of the resort, though.  Perhaps you missed that and they're one and the same?

"You go ahead with pretending that she is an innocent angel".

And you go ahead with not affording her the right of the presumption of innocence in the absence of any charges or evidence, so far. 

Expand  

"Alleged" that she stole the money ! ? I do not necessarily believe that !

Good for you.

Don't quote that as my comment, I did not say that, I was quoting the comment of another poster.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Mark mark said:

She was involved emotionally, or physically I am sure. But this does not make her guilty of murder I think ? ... Just guilty of having the wrong Husband I would say ! ? ... and Pushing her Chances of getting money out of the Foreign manager, ... as well his wife the REAL boss would never have given it to her I am sure, like the Blogger before said here also.

Gawd...  If you say so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Gawd...  If you say so.

Well I suppose that she could have just been a thief ? it does happen and happens a LOT !!! ... But well it would be the Thai Woman owner (The Foreigners advocate I guess ? ) who should have been managing the money, I would think ? ... So if she had just stolen it ! ... It would have been the wife job to get it back ! ? ...  So Why Kill the Foreign manager ? ... (A : Because he was Involved with, ... and giving the money to his wife some how. ? ) ....

And well the foreigners wife ? ... She seems to have been VERY quiet through all of this ??? His Wife, being the Real Boss ( well, On paper only I guess ? )

Thanks. ! ... Liverpool Lou !

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, wazzupnow said:

thay all carry knives so the only thing that makes sence is a gun

And the biggest problem with carrying a gun is the possibility of using it. If you kill a Thai, your life is likely over, as you know it. Are you prepared to take a life over a perceived threat? When the threat could be juveline bluster? I am not. 

I find in most situations if I show sincere kindness, humility, and respect, to someone who has taken offense by something I have done, he just backs down, and accepts the apology. A situation can easily be escalated with the wrong attitude. But why? There is no upside for us. Only downside. Only problems. And they are the kinds of problems we just do not need.

• Thumbs Up 2

30 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That's why we are discussing it, I sure haven't reached, and won't reach, any verdict.   Address your "jury" comment to those who have.

My opinion was that they both seem like ‘wrong ‘uns’. You seemed to take exception to that. I further pointed out to you that she was accused of stealing. You argued about that, stating that it was “lent”. 
Seems you are just being obstreperous and obnoxious for the sake of it. 
Try utilising some intelligent comment instead. 

• Like 1

Murdered Australian resort boss had accused suspect’s wife of stealing

Peter-Heppel-Krabi-2-768x431.jpg

Peter Heppel Krab

An Australian man murdered at the Krabi resort he ran with his Thai wife had accused the murder suspect’s wife, who worked at the resort, of stealing. Mr Peter Heppell and his wife ran Melina’s Monkey House and Whale Bar in the Khao Thong subdistrict of Krabi. He was celebrating his 57th birthday when he was stabbed to death after a brief altercation with the suspected killer.

An update from the Phuket Express reports that Mr Heppell had accused an employee, named only as Wanna, of embezzling over 10,000 baht from the resort. The man subsequently arrested for the Australian’s murder is understood to be Wanna’s husband, 24 year old Peerachart Songsri, from the southern province of Songkhla.

It’s understood Peerachart got into a verbal dispute with Mr Heppell, which quickly escalated and culminated in the Thai man allegedly stabbing the Australian multiple times. He was pronounced dead at Krabi hospital and his body is being transferred to Phuket, where a funeral will be held.

Full Story: https://phuket-go.com/phuket-news/national-news/murdered-australian-resort-boss-had-accused-suspects-wife-of-stealing/

Phuket Go

-- © Copyright Phuket GO 2023-04-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

Murdered Australian resort boss had accused suspect’s wife of stealing

Peter-Heppel-Krabi-2-768x431.jpg

Peter Heppel Krab

An Australian man murdered at the Krabi resort he ran with his Thai wife had accused the murder suspect’s wife, who worked at the resort, of stealing. Mr Peter Heppell and his wife ran Melina’s Monkey House and Whale Bar in the Khao Thong subdistrict of Krabi. He was celebrating his 57th birthday when he was stabbed to death after a brief altercation with the suspected killer.

An update from the Phuket Express reports that Mr Heppell had accused an employee, named only as Wanna, of embezzling over 10,000 baht from the resort. The man subsequently arrested for the Australian’s murder is understood to be Wanna’s husband, 24 year old Peerachart Songsri, from the southern province of Songkhla.

It’s understood Peerachart got into a verbal dispute with Mr Heppell, which quickly escalated and culminated in the Thai man allegedly stabbing the Australian multiple times. He was pronounced dead at Krabi hospital and his body is being transferred to Phuket, where a funeral will be held.

Full Story: https://phuket-go.com/phuket-news/national-news/murdered-australian-resort-boss-had-accused-suspects-wife-of-stealing/

Phuket Go

-- © Copyright Phuket GO 2023-04-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

RIP Peter ... It looks like a very good resort. He must be the one on the Right. ? ...  and it must be his daughter and ? Boy friend / husband on the left.

I do not see his Thai Wife ? I do not think. 

Still things seem to have been answered pretty well and believably also. 

RIP Peter ! And What Bad Luck Mate !!! 

Still he has a daughter around to take his name on I think. ... So well LOS and land if Danger also.

Time for a break for me. ...  And yes have a good Funeral ! Like that would be interesting   ... 

And RIP Mate.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Mark mark said:

The Geography !!! ... The Social Geography in this case ???

So how do you explain how social geography is relevant to my comment?

Orare you about to make a racist generalusation that u suits Thai people?

35 minutes ago, kwilco said:

I can't even remember your comment. Sorry.

9 minutes ago, Mark mark said:

Oh ... use your own common sense and knowledge of People so you can come to the best belief that you can. Like no one will take any notice of us any way. So it does not matter any way.

Edited by Mark mark
No edit.

18 minutes ago, Mark mark said:

55 minutes ago, kwilco said:

And it is not racism it is intelligence and

Using your own common sense in

knowing people after you have been living with them off and on for 40 years.

Maybe if you can not understand this then YOU might like to call out Racist   

But I Don't. As I live here.

And I like them. 

But not Tourism I do have to admit. ...

On 4/5/2023 at 8:19 AM, RichardColeman said:

I live a quite life. 

I do not want to own a business and deal with Thais.

I am happy.

I live a busy life.

I do own a business and deal with Thais. I make a LOT of money

I am happy. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/5/2023 at 5:01 AM, BMW Overlander said:

I saw this on the news. My wife translated to me. The woman employee, in her own words, stated how Aussie owner was a nice man and helped her many times by lending the money. She owed him THB 9,000 and instead of repaying the debt, she asked for few more thousands. Resort owner refused and told her this was the last time she gets any more loans or advance payments. She went home, told husband what happened and he got upset and killed the poor guy. The killer has been in jail many times before, mostly for assaulting other people.

She needed money to give to the husband to buy Meth.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mark mark said:

And it is not racism it is intelligence and

Using your own common sense in

knowing people after you have been living with them off and on for 40 years.

Maybe if you can not understand this then YOU might like to call out Racist   

But I Don't. As I live here.

And I like them. 

But not Tourism I do have to admit. ...

To say that you can just look at the people and expect them to react as they generally always have reacted is not racist. I have helped in a few Geography programs though I am a Surveyor and not actually a geographer. ...

That range from suicide counceling through looking at my Friends water management plans in Germany, (including the people that live along the water ways, .. To Smar trafic management and autoated parking planing, and using the nature of the people who are driving the cars is not Racist. It is human inteligence.

I have not reported you as it is a discussion and you can not just report every one who disagrees with you. It would be wrong.

But just to say " I think that you are a racist" is wrong I think ? it is abuse I think.

So I am going to report that. And I am finished here now. Any intelligence said can stand but I have no time to argue with you any more. I have other things to be doing. .. Good luck with it what ever it is that you are doing ??? (Just blindly disagreeing with any facts or any body else. ?? And not just considering the facts around you. But good luck with that if you do manage to pick it up.

A man is dead here now So we can not pick this one up any more. Though. Well I am not going to.

So sorry and good by.

Edited by Mark mark

2 hours ago, Adumbration said:

She needed money to give to the husband to buy Meth.  

Yes I have seen that also but in a much lower key way. Some women will steal for their husbands and with out any abuse from them either ! They will just look after them !!! Like in their own way ! ? ...  Like did this guys wife have a big red Nose ??  ...

On 4/5/2023 at 8:19 AM, RichardColeman said:

I live a quite life. 

I do not want to own a business and deal with Thais.

I am happy.

Yes I like working with the Thsi's but yes !!! I an happy to let them run the Business ! And just watch them when I am using it. !! 

On 4/5/2023 at 8:03 AM, essex boys said:

A very sad but not entirely unexpected turn of events, I’ve had 5 years of my wife’s family wanting this and that can they borrow money, can we pay for their scooter repairs, can we buy school uniforms and shoes for the kids and on and on it went, now I have lived here for two years I put a stop to all of it, and now with the exception of her brother, none of the family talk to me…as soon as the money and support stops they just cut you off! I’m not bothered by it and don’t really care to be honest, as a foreigner here in Thailand you are only ever seen as a cash cow.

They try to do it to each other as well you know ! It is basically that you have money ? And they probably have a lot less. They do it to Rich Ties also you know !!!

That is why here Rich Thai's do not hsve Poor Friends You might have Noticed !!! 

As they do not eant to fund them if theu get in to trounle ! As it is there culture that if you have a friend ... then you must help friends if they arr poor ! Right so wrll yes !!  A really good reason why not to have any poor friends righ ??  

• Like 2

Just now, Mark mark said:

They try to do it to each other as well you know ! It is basically that you have money ? And they probably have a lot less. They do it to Rich Ties also you know !!!

That is why here Rich Thai's do not hsve Poor Friends You might have Noticed !!! 

As they do not eant to fund them if theu get in to trounle ! As it is there culture that if you have a friend ... then you must help friends if they arr poor ! Right so wrll yes !!  A really good reason why not to have any poor friends righ ??  

This is the Third would part if Thailand that still exists I think. ? The family structure to survive in a tough environment.

On 4/5/2023 at 10:51 AM, goldenbrwn1 said:

As have been said already , crazy’s are all over the world. I don’t agree with the ‘ never argue with a Thai man’ though. I have had plenty of rows with other men be it Thai or whoever over money or something else in my life..  I really don’t believe showing weakness is going to save you from someone willing to commit murder over something petty.  I always have something close just in case….the world is full of nutters and always have been . We just hear about it these days.

Yes ... Men.!!  ... 

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Accusing someone of doing something even when they did is dodgy in Thailand.

As you can see from the outcome of the situation.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, ubonr1971 said:

I live a busy life.

I do own a business and deal with Thais. I make a LOT of money

I am happy. 

I had a mate, he owned (leased property) a GoGo bar, he made a LOT of money, huge income (bar fines, beer sales) every night.

At the end of each month he had very little left after paying all the bills, staff, police etc.

He always said that he was happy.

Sadly he's now penniless, he's weathered and fatigued, consistently putting up with Incompetence and unprofessionalism.

It's easy to make a lot of money here but it's about making a good profit, not too easy.

Edited by Cricky
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Cricky said:

I had a mate, he owned (leased property) a GoGo bar, he made a LOT of money, huge income (bar fines, beer sales) every night.

At the end of each month he had very little left after paying all the bills, staff, police etc.

He always said that he was happy.

Sadly he's now penniless, he's weathered and fatigued, consistently putting up with Incompetence and unprofessionalism.

It's easy to make a lot of money here but it's about making a good profit, not too easy.

Yes Right on !!  I think only very special man cpukd mske a good incomr out of a girlir Bar and be happy ! ? 

A friend of mine from the exploration boats had a some what ok wife !  And she was a receptionist. ... But she wanted a Katiokie bar for her self. But it was the GFC I think ? But she got her bar and started running it  !!! ...

But then it started Failing and every time my friend came back home from þhe shop he just faced more and more Bill's ! Like you know the music machines thr alcohol the fridges the electricty rent rtc !  But she would not Loose face I guess !!! And just asked for more to pay her debts and stay in business every time and eventually he had to stop it and lost his wife and the bar in the process. 

And do you know what I thought about this seeing how other Thai's rob each other in Business if they have to '!!! ..

It is a status and owed Favour system fir ripping forign husbands off I think ! ? ...

She was using All of the money that was apparently lost ! To build up business connections that now owed her ! As she was deliberately over paying them with her Husbands Money ! ... it was buying favour and a network !!! Like she eventually will be able to call on those people and get this money back O am sure ! Or just the good favour that she was Buying ??? .

So well if your wife starts a business that always looses money !!! Do not persevere with it I think. Just Close it ? !! 

Any way it makes a good story right ?? 

And time to look st my own investments a bit closer ! Like what all of we normal Men have to do to stay here any way. ...