Australian Resort Boss Murdered While at Work in Krabi

webfact

10 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Why were they asking the farang co-manager and not the Thai owner for loans and advance payments?

Oh yeah, they know the Thai owner would tell them to <deleted>-Off and get back to work. 

People say, don't help Thais.

1) the won't appreciate it, and will take advantage of it.

2) they'll think you're soft and stupid, and have zero respect for you.

3) when you stop helping them, they will hate and resent you. 

This guy nicely helped them.

Stopped helping them.

And was violently murdered for stopping helping them.

Maybe you're right but the first time was already in danger of death.

4 hours ago, ukrules said:

No, but it does appear to be a lie. The woman owed money and wanted to borrow more according to another poster who got a Thai translation of the article.

So he was murdered for not lending more money, perhaps just a few thousand Baht to someone who doesn't repay their debts.

Every word they said was a lie, I have previously found that when someone lands in a 'bit of a pickle', like when they've been caught murdering someone they have a tendency to lie.

Clearer for you now?

I read the full article and certainly don't need you to explain it. You're the one that questioned the story and was insisted to know more, like you have a personal stake in the issue. Of course the story isn't completely accurate and there were probably other motives involved. In the end does it really matter? The end result is still the same.  Is that clearer for you? 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Sounds like another weak, pathetic, pathological, simple minded man, who stopped developing emotionally when he was 13. May he rot in prison, where he is sure to make some lovely new friends. 

The simple minded virus is everywhere especially in Thailand. My wife says it's a product of low or no education.

I definitely recommend self Defence classes if you live in Thailand. 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Why couldn't the reported facts be correct?  Because it means a Thai man did something bad and your brain won't allow you to believe that?

Because it never is that simple with an employee woman with 9,000 B in her debt and A Thai husband going iofff his head. Not the Azzued fault the Thai man's fault ! But what was the Auzie guy with 9,ooo in the Thai woman's hand bag doing. That is all and I am dropping this now as they are talking about Suspending people. And I would rather it not be me 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, NextG said:

The one Thai girl who managed to inveigle herself into my life, told people that I used to hit her. I have no idea as to why she would do that, as not only did we not have an argument, but there was no money exchanging hands. 
I only knew about it when someone started rolling up their sleeves and walking towards me. She quickly got in between. Later he told me what she had been saying. 
Likely she got herself into a situation and then lied to the people around her. 

So who are we supposed to believe?

2 hours ago, pokerface1 said:

The simple minded virus is everywhere especially in Thailand. My wife says it's a product of low or no education.

I definitely recommend self Defence classes if you live in Thailand. 

If a Thai wants to attack you, it will often be done by multiple perpetrators. They rarely fight one-on-one. I doubt self defence classes would have any real value here. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, NextG said:

The one Thai girl who managed to inveigle herself into my life, told people that I used to hit her. I have no idea as to why she would do that, as not only did we not have an argument, but there was no money exchanging hands. 
I only knew about it when someone started rolling up their sleeves and walking towards me. She quickly got in between. Later he told me what she had been saying. 
Likely she got herself into a situation and then lied to the people around her. 

The fact that she was not getting any money might not have helped ! ? ...  And I do see them making up excuses for being with foreigners at times also. Like as if they need an excuse to be with him ? In their own view of nice thai society ??? Well if they are in that social group. The poor girls do not worry about it so much and just say that it is their own business so every one else can just keep out of it. ? 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, kwilco said:

So who are we supposed to believe?

Well I do not think that I would believe the Woman with the Foreign man's ( And his wife's ) 9,000. Who just wanted more !!! ..  To much.

• Sad 2

Articles in Thai say the female employee was fired for stealing 10,000 baht from the resort which she denies.. The deceased allegedly deducted the 10,000 from her severance pay, which would be illegal without a court case convicting her of the theft. The husband was a cook at the resort and took a knife from the kitchen to murder his boss who was celebrating his birthday at the time. Very sad. RIP.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

My thought is that they should be locked away for many, many years. But there are so many that it's not practical to do that. Exiled to an island that is kept under observation would be nice but, again, not practical. You'd need a thousand Alcatraz's and ones a hundred times its size.

Interesting how you change your opinion when responding to someone other than me on this issue. 

1 hour ago, Dogmatix said:

Articles in Thai say the female employee was fired for stealing 10,000 baht from the resort which she denies.. The deceased allegedly deducted the 10,000 from her severance pay, which would be illegal without a court case convicting her of the theft. The husband was a cook at the resort and took a knife from the kitchen to murder his boss who was celebrating his birthday at the time. Very sad. RIP.

Ok ! Very sad for the hard working Auzie. ( I wonder if he had a work permit ? ) ... still very Very Sad. I wonder how his wife is ? ...

And thanks for this translation. Like sounds like we are there at the real truth finally ! ... 

Money ! A danger in a situation like this in any country I would say ! ? ...

And yes ! Ever try to do a job like that in Thailand !!!! ? ...Well Not Me !!! ... Like life IS just to short for taking risks like that I think. ?

RIP a good man. ... but also a mistake ... for both men. Though a much greater one for the Thai man. His life is now lost also I would think.

I think that Thai local ruels ? ??? Would be as this fellow implies ... the woman got the money !!  Bad Luck. ... That is the Game !!! . Trying to claw the money back was a social mistake. ... I reckon most thai's would have let that go !!! Just at the time, But never forget it of course and get it back from them or the husband later on !!! If they could. Like using the law. Or converscatingother of their property ??? 

But well I do not want to start another argument here right ??  .. 

2 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

Well.Sorry Folks ! But I can't resist it ! So now the next question possibly could be ?  ... Was she really stealing the money ? Or was the Australian manager just having sex with her and she was taking the money as payment, which he did not mind while his member was on fire ! ? ... but his wife found out ? or he just got tired of her ? So he decided to get the money back ? (Or they had an argument ? ) ....  ??? 

And I also note that her Husband was working as a Cook. So he was working ! ... and not just another Thai bludger either. 

Edited by Mark mark
Touch screen as usual

14 hours ago, NextG said:
16 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Both?  What did the wife of the killer do?

Perhaps lie to her husband. 

Just as likely, based on what has been reported, that she didn't lie to him but you go ahead and speculate irrationally that she involved herself to the extent that she needs to be locked up also.

9 hours ago, DavisH said:

If a Thai wants to attack you, it will often be done by multiple perpetrators. They rarely fight one-on-one. I doubt self defence classes would have any real value here. 

It's unfortunate, but the best "class" to take is one in backing down, tolerating things and letting them go, including someone else being completely out of order and treating you badly.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rose33 said:

Thai society only teaches people to manage their anger and deal with personal criticism up to a certain point (the daily politeness level that all Thais work so hard to maintain). Once you get beyond that line in the sand, you are in uncharted territory. Things can go wrong very quickly. 

In the west we are accustomed to dealing with personal criticism and debate that may result in bruised egos but doesn't end in an emergency ward. 

Very accurate. And many of us have enough self esteem, which allows us to have thick skin. And self awareness too, which often takes some introspection and inner work, which is extremely rare here.

I can handle an insult or a perceived lack of respect. I know who I am. Many can't. Many just lose it. Real men don't cause harm to others, due to an insult. Half men, cowards, punks, thugs, men who look like men but have the emotional development of a 13 year old often will overreact. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 4/5/2023 at 5:01 AM, BMW Overlander said:

I saw this on the news. My wife translated to me. The woman employee, in her own words, stated how Aussie owner was a nice man and helped her many times by lending the money. She owed him THB 9,000 and instead of repaying the debt, she asked for few more thousands. Resort owner refused and told her this was the last time she gets any more loans or advance payments. She went home, told husband what happened and he got upset and killed the poor guy. The killer has been in jail many times before, mostly for assaulting other people.

this would make a lot more sence

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I tend to disagree. The bottom line is that there is never any upside to engaging a Thai person, much less a group of them, in a fight. If you kick their butt, you lose. If they kick your butt, you lose. No upside to that formula. Best to just keep your cool, show respect, and avoid fights in public. Remember, this is a land of face. Even something as benign as a street race, can mean they end up losing face. Which for well developed, normal people is not a big deal. But for seriously immature men, thugs, punks and mental midgets, or boys, it is.

thay all carry knives so the only thing that makes sence is a gun

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Just as likely, based on what has been reported, that she didn't lie to him but you go ahead and speculate irrationally that she involved herself to the extent that she needs to be locked up also.

Perhaps you missed the part described where it is alleged that she stole 10k. 
You go ahead with pretending that she is an innocent angel. 

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, NextG said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Perhaps you missed the part described where it is alleged that she stole 10k. 
You go ahead with pretending that she is an innocent angel. 

"...alleged that she stole 10k".

Yes, I did miss that. 

I didn't miss the part that reported that she had been lent a similar amount by the owner of the resort, though.  Perhaps you missed that and they're one and the same?

"You go ahead with pretending that she is an innocent angel".

And you go ahead with not affording her the right of the presumption of innocence in the absence of any charges or evidence, so far. 

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, I did miss that. 

I didn't miss the part that reported that she had been lent a similar amount by the owner of the resort, though.  Perhaps you missed that and they're one and the same?

And you go ahead with not affording her the right of the presumption of innocence in the absence of any charges or evidence, so far. 

She was involved emotionally, or physically I am sure. But this does not make her guilty of murder I think ? ... Just guilty of having the wrong Husband I would say ! ? ... and Pushing her Chances of getting money out of the Foreign manager, ... as well his wife the REAL boss would never have given it to her I am sure, like the Blogger before said here also.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, I did miss that. 

"Alleged" that she stole the money ! ? I do not necessarily believe that !

... Would the guys wife had ever admitted that he was paying / Giving it to her, ... for what ever reason, ? ... As the wife would have lost face if he had been doing that, and it got out !!! ... So well !!! TIT and the Resort owner wife, has more power (And Money) ... ... So well "She Stole it" Right ? ??? ... Well I do not necessarily believe this.

(I actually still believe that he probably was having sex with her, but well I guess that I had better be prepared to get a bit of Kicking from "The Boys" if I break ranks if I do say that I guess. )

( I actually rather Like Thailand and Thai Woman you Know !!! .... And I can handle them also, so hope not to get hacked to death either ???  )

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1