Australian Resort Boss Murdered While at Work in Krabi

webfact

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Murdered Australian resort boss had accused suspect’s wife of stealing

Peter-Heppel-Krabi-2-768x431.jpg

Peter Heppel Krab

An Australian man murdered at the Krabi resort he ran with his Thai wife had accused the murder suspect’s wife, who worked at the resort, of stealing. Mr Peter Heppell and his wife ran Melina’s Monkey House and Whale Bar in the Khao Thong subdistrict of Krabi. He was celebrating his 57th birthday when he was stabbed to death after a brief altercation with the suspected killer.

An update from the Phuket Express reports that Mr Heppell had accused an employee, named only as Wanna, of embezzling over 10,000 baht from the resort. The man subsequently arrested for the Australian’s murder is understood to be Wanna’s husband, 24 year old Peerachart Songsri, from the southern province of Songkhla.

It’s understood Peerachart got into a verbal dispute with Mr Heppell, which quickly escalated and culminated in the Thai man allegedly stabbing the Australian multiple times. He was pronounced dead at Krabi hospital and his body is being transferred to Phuket, where a funeral will be held.

Full Story: https://phuket-go.com/phuket-news/national-news/murdered-australian-resort-boss-had-accused-suspects-wife-of-stealing/

Phuket Go

-- © Copyright Phuket GO 2023-04-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Like I can not see any names or description of the Other people in this Photo. ? ... I wonder if it his Part Thai Daughter on the left ?   ... Like if it is then what a great think that he has done to have left a really good looking and obviously capable young woman like this on our Planet !!! ??? .. 

I believe this story though wether the other woman was stealing or not. Or he was just "loaning" it to her I do not know. But it was a very dangerous situation for him to be in I think, As other posters have pointed out.

And we do not seem to have heard from his Thai Wife ? ... Like that is not her in the Photo is it ??? 

Still that can just be close enough and RIP Peter. Quite a huge disaster for every one here I think. ... And RIP.

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Has the Thai wife been sacked? 

She might have been in with the Killer and His Wife !!! ... .... Woops, better not say that right ??? ...

Or more likely she was just after the Woman employee ? ... And is now just keeping her head down ? Thai Style, right !  .... to avoid reputation damage ??? Right ??? ...  Like she would probably own the Whole resort now ? right ? ...

... Or well, I HOPE ! that The Man's Daughter would now own his shares ? .... Or even better, his Sister ? for a bit of Diversity, that would probably be really good for the Good Looking Place ! ?

Like the Wife's family will probably tear it to pieces, if she gets it all !!! ....  or she will just Miss manage it badly ??? ??? ... Until it is just a shadow of it's former self probably. ? 

Maybe we all should go down there and just stay for a couple of days, and just see for our selves ? Right ? ... ( Though For me getting there with XxX kids l would be the problem, like it is a LONG WAY ! down to there, ... as you get older. )

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cricky said:

I had a mate, he owned (leased property) a GoGo bar, he made a LOT of money, huge income (bar fines, beer sales) every night.

At the end of each month he had very little left after paying all the bills, staff, police etc.

He always said that he was happy.

Sadly he's now penniless, he's weathered and fatigued, consistently putting up with Incompetence and unprofessionalism.

It's easy to make a lot of money here but it's about making a good profit, not too easy.

Probably true what you say about a bar business. We dont have a bar. Our business has around 35% to 40 % expenses every month. Thats it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/5/2023 at 7:30 AM, Gandtee said:

When we got married thirty six years ago my wife told me to never get into an argument with a Thai. Leave it to her. Very good advice. Argument and reason is not at the top of many Thais lists of attributes. It can make you an enemy for life.

That would include an argument with the wife as well.

On 4/5/2023 at 5:01 AM, BMW Overlander said:

I saw this on the news. My wife translated to me. The woman employee, in her own words, stated how Aussie owner was a nice man and helped her many times by lending the money. She owed him THB 9,000 and instead of repaying the debt, she asked for few more thousands. Resort owner refused and told her this was the last time she gets any more loans or advance payments. She went home, told husband what happened and he got upset and killed the poor guy. The killer has been in jail many times before, mostly for assaulting other people.

Stop being nice and helpful to Thai employees by borrow them money etc., they are not your friend or family. If he hadn't borrowed her money in the first place he would still be alive today. 

On 4/7/2023 at 8:14 AM, Mark mark said:

Like I can not see any names or description of the Other people in this Photo. ? ... I wonder if it his Part Thai Daughter on the left ?   ... Like if it is then what a great think that he has done to have left a really good looking and obviously capable young woman like this on our Planet !!! ??? .. 

I believe this story though wether the other woman was stealing or not. Or he was just "loaning" it to her I do not know. But it was a very dangerous situation for him to be in I think, As other posters have pointed out.

And we do not seem to have heard from his Thai Wife ? ... Like that is not her in the Photo is it ??? 

Still that can just be close enough and RIP Peter. Quite a huge disaster for every one here I think. ... And RIP.

Why is it that the husband brought a knife in this meeting? Was the plan to kill the owner and defend his action with "loss of face"?

Maybe he believed his wife was raped or insulted by the Australian?

We will probably never get all the facts in this story only speculation from all the Thaivisa desktop detectives (or even better: The bar stool detectives) 

24 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

Why is it that the husband brought a knife in this meeting? Was the plan to kill the owner and defend his action with "loss of face"?

Maybe he believed his wife was raped or insulted by the Australian?

We will probably never get all the facts in this story only speculation from all the Thaivisa desktop detectives (or even better: The bar stool detectives) 

I read above from a Guy that read it in a Thai Newspaper, that the Husband was a cook in the resort, and that he got the knife from there the resorts / His, ... Kitchen.

Speculation that the Auzie was involved with the man’s wife somehow ? are good, ... And for her to use Emotion, or More ! To pan handle money off of him, would not be at all that abnormal I think, ...and for the Husband to be disgruntled, but let him off as well … He was only a Folang ! Right ? ... And we get let off a LOT you know ! … and if they Were, getting money out of it also, it would pretty believable that might very well be getting along OK as well !  … Like he and his wife still working together, and well that is what mirage is all about right. …. ?

But for the Auzie just to stop the Money ! Or possibly it was his wife that did that ? to stop the stupidity of the Social Loans, and from her Business as well ! … Like who did call her a Thief ? ... The Auzie guy that possibly was being Intimate with her ? .... OR ! ... was it HIS wife who now seems to have disappeared ?  …. Anyway, and as has been said here before, also by Intelligent and street wise People, this, would NOT have been a very good avenue to go down. Accusing her of Theft, Publicly,  So as, Ruining her reputation for goodness knows how long ! regardless of whether it was trues ? OR not ! ? ... And then him upping the ante in an argument with the Husband !  …Like Not Very Smart Paul I think ? ... As has been said on this blog before. ... (Maybe he had had a few also ? ... ) 

And the amount of money that the Working Woman got off of the Aizie, ?  ...This is very VERY Suspicious I think ? ... As is the seeming absence of the Wife / Business partner now ! ? ... In this Blog any way ? ...

But also, the straight up story of an Argument over money which escalated seems quite likely also ! Like it DOES happen, though well as you say, and I do basicly believe this as the End part of it all .... BUT there is also a great likelihood that something else but the Money, might have been bothering the Poor fellow, !

Like stabbing someone to death is the End Play, and also indicates that he felt betrayed, and had little left to live for to me, … Not just straight loss of face !!! Which might just earn you a punch in the Face ! …. But to stab someone to Death !   ???  And knowing that you are going to go down for that ! ... Like I think this guy had Lost more than the Money, I think, like possibly his Relationship with is wife had been bought in to question also, due to her Involvement with the Resort, AND possibly even the Auzie Man him self. ?

But I also am just also not sure of any Drugs being in the Guy, Meths or worse ? Like the idiot that smashed up 7 – 11 in BKK ! … Though the Boots on the ground fellow said this is Ice brain damager I think ? and The cook would not have been able to afford that I think ? )

We have Meths addict's here, well recovered Ones But well damaged ? so well never Really totally recovered I think ???  ... and well Talk about out of Control !!! If they go off !!! Not hurting People just now thankfully, just making a sceen, being threatening over trivia, ... and smashing property ! ? But well if you were going to loose your Wife, as well as your reputation, AS WELL as the Money !!! Just add a little meths Addiction Like the Long term Damage ! ??? ... and see how it changes the feelings in ways that I / We ? Would not know of. ?

( Well Unless I hear my Nephew screaming in the night, and he was a deserter from the national service, so I think he is Not eligible for any Help either. ? ...  Like the cops will come around, bring the guy in the white Coat with them, talk to him and then just leave him here and Go back to the station ... and wait for the next call out I guess ???)

So well just throw in ... TIT ...

TIT.  ... Anger, Wife trouble moths !!! ? Money troubles, accusations against your wife, from people who ARE way WAY WAY more powerful than you are !!! .... And you also trusted them ONCE !!! .... And then there is a Foreigner !!! ??? ... Giving your wife Money ? ... ... But then, ! ....  Accursing her of Stealing ! ? ... Ho Hum ...

If he WAS on Meths this could have bene the outcome I think also. ... Like he possibly just stabled him not even thinking of Death !!! ... Just to get his own back ! ... But well sadly this fellow dies. ! ... So well his life now is Pretty much over also, and his wife's pretty well totally F'd up also I would say.

Actually from what I have seen Thais hack ! like cut people up in Fights, ... they do NOT stab them in the Body, usually as every one knows this is Death Dangerous !!! but they just hack at their back and their limb's ??? I think. ? They can do a LOT of Damage with a good sharpened Masheti ! ? Still this guy had a Kitchen Knife I believe so yes, a More Stabling Weapon. ???

??? .... Any way this one is over and out for me now, Chock Dee Songkran !  …. And remember fellows ! ... Always keep the Booze in the Boot !!! … Not inside the Car ! ??? … Nothing official, just an Idea from Boots on the Ground, …. And still here !!! At 67 … Steptoe. … Who retired, and is now just Mark mark

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/5/2023 at 5:01 AM, BMW Overlander said:

I saw this on the news. My wife translated to me. The woman employee, in her own words, stated how Aussie owner was a nice man and helped her many times by lending the money. She owed him THB 9,000 and instead of repaying the debt, she asked for few more thousands. Resort owner refused and told her this was the last time she gets any more loans or advance payments. She went home, told husband what happened and he got upset and killed the poor guy. The killer has been in jail many times before, mostly for assaulting other people.

Highly believable.....

On 4/5/2023 at 11:57 AM, JeffersLos said:

Why were they asking the farang co-manager and not the Thai owner for loans and advance payments?

Oh yeah, they know the Thai owner would tell them to <deleted>-Off and get back to work. 

People say, don't help Thais.

1) the won't appreciate it, and will take advantage of it.

2) they'll think you're soft and stupid, and have zero respect for you.

3) when you stop helping them, they will hate and resent you. 

This guy nicely helped them.

Stopped helping them.

And was violently murdered for stopping helping them.

Never loan money.