Retirement Visa, after Expire, is it possible, extend an expired Retirement Visa for 30 days jomtien(1900baht)

i will arrive in thailand 19.April and seems, i must use my retirement visa once entry in thailand, which expire on MAY 02....

i will not renew my retirement visa and please somebody can tell me, if i can go immigration in jomtien and ask for 30 days extension?

thanks for prof. answer

Johann

In Short No, you can either extend your Non-IMM O for 1 year, attempt an extension, fail & be given 7 days to leave or do a border bounce at the end of your current permission to stay & get 30 days visa exempt which can be extended. 

BTW, I assume you have a re-entry permit on your current permission to stay otherwise you’ll be given 30 days visa exempt which, again, can be extended for 30 days.

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is one of those cases where having bought a Re-Entry Permit is actually a burden, as you will be stamped in by Border Immigration on entry for a permission to stay till 2nd May,  

If you didn't have that Re-Entry Permit you would be stamped in for 30 days and would be able to extend that 30 days for another 30 days. 

But you could ask the Border Immigration officer to stamp the Re-Entry Permit as USED and provide you with a Visa Exempt 30 days Permit to stay.  Not sure if your request will be honored, but you could try,

In case you want to stay longer than 2nd of May in Thailand, you have three options:

#1 - Apply for a 1-year extension of stay of your current Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement (but you indicated you do not want to do this).  Note that it is also possible to apply for a 1-year extension of that Non Imm O Visa for another reason that retirement (e.g. marriage to a Thai national, or Thai dependant children).

#2 - When you are married to a Thai national or have Thai dependant children you can also apply for a 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your family

#3 - You can do a border-bounce, i.e. exiting Thailand latest on 2nd May and immedately - or after a short holiday in the country where you excited - return to Thailand where you would be stamped in for 30 days which can be extended with an additional 30 days.

• Thumbs Up 2