Leaving the country during 90 day reporting ‘grace period’

My 90 day report is a few days late and I’m leaving the country during the seven day ‘grace period’.

The leaving date is on day 96. Will this still incur a fine? 

The immigration website says that ‘If a foreigner leaves the country and re-enters, the day count starts at 1 in every case.’

So according to the above, the 90 day report lateness won’t rack up even more late days when I return. Is that also right?

51 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You already have a thread

....https://aseannow.com/topic/1290584-late-for-90-day-report-leave-country-instead/ 

Then start another 

As suggested in the other thread. 

Do it online ...takes minutes.

Do it via mail....takes little longer.

Do it in person...that takes much longer. 

Skip it and just exit Thailand..

You have spent more time on AseanNow than just doing report online.

To address your question re grace period....that will not exclude you from missing report.

Up to You. 

It’s not clear whether exiting the country during the seven days after, equates to doing the 90 day report. Or if there is even a grace period allowed or seven days. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, RandolphGB said:

It’s not clear whether exiting the country during the seven days after, equates to doing the 90 day report. Or if there is even a grace period allowed or seven days. 

And I answered it stating....

"To address your question re grace period....that will not exclude you from missing report."..

In your other thread some posts have suggested online report.

Is that an issue? 

Here is link to register and do ongoing 90 day reports. 

This is the improved online method....

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/register/add

Edited by DrJack54

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

And I answered it stating....

"To address your question re grace period....that will not exclude you from missing report."..

Is that an issue? 

I tried an online report. It was not approved. 

From what i can figure out, Exiting and re-entering resets the 90 day period, but it could still incur a fine for the 6 days.

I just want to make sure those 6 days won’t be 60 days late, even though I’ve been outside of Thailand.  

Edited by RandolphGB

12 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

The answer is once you leave Thailand the clock stops ticking & is reset to Day 1 on arrival but even if it weren’t It doesn’t matter, if a fine is due it’s 2,000b whether you’re 1 day over the grace period or 60 days.  

I’m leaving while still inside the seven day grace period. I just don’t see anything official about grace periods and leaving during the grace period. 

• Haha 2

Just now, RandolphGB said:

I’m leaving while still inside the seven day grace period. I just don’t see anything official about grace periods and leaving during the grace period. 

I personally don’t think you’ll have a problem as you’re within the grace period (NB I doubt you’d have a problem in the future if you were over) but if you do have a problem, it’s a 2k fine. 

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Try again.

Have you been able to do online previously.

Make sure that you are using the link I provided above

I’ve done online previously in 2022 before the current year’s visa. It was always hit and miss. 

9 minutes ago, RandolphGB said:

I’ve done online previously in 2022 before the current year’s visa. It was always hit and miss. 

Simple question. Previously when it was hit and miss did you used the "improved" system with link I posted above or the old online app and net link.

@Mike Teavee your posts are good 

I'm not sure if the "grace period" cuts slack.

In any event bit of storm in tea cup.

Doubt very much if OP would have issue if just skipped it. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Simple question. Previously when it was hit and miss did you used the "improved" system with link I posted above or the old online app and net link.

@Mike Teavee your posts are good 

I'm not sure if the "grace period" cuts slack.

In any event bit of storm in tea cup.

Doubt very much if OP would have issue if just skipped it. 

The old system worked ok for me. The new system has never been approved. I haven’t done any since before June 2022 (most recent visa) As I’ve been flying in an out a lot.

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Is that an issue?

My understanding is that you cannot file a 90 day report online if the due date has already passed.

My information may be out of date so maybe somebody can confirm or refute this.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

The "grace period" is for reporting, NOT leaving the country. You may well get away with it, but an eagle eyed IO could fine you 2k if you do not file the report before you leave the country.

How would an Airport IO know this.  I believe anything related to 90 days is never checked at the airport (definitely in my case).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

The grace period applies to actually doing a 90-Day Report.  If you don't do the report the grace period does you no good.  It's not leave Thailand during the grace period and you don't have to do a 90 Day Report.  The 90-Day Report is required on your 90th day in Thailand (or 90th day since last report), for which you also have a grace period to do the report.  There is no option to not do the report if you have been in Thailand for 90 days (or it's been 90 days since your last report).  The only circumstance in which you don't need to do the 90-Day Report is if you leave Thailand before 90 days have elapsed since entering Thailand (or it's been less than 90 days since your last report).

14 minutes ago, skatewash said:

There is no option to not do the report if you have been in Thailand for 90 days

Of course there is that option, you simply don't do the report and if it's in a short window like the OP's situation then you may or may not get fined at next extension application. The OP knows all of this already, it was answered in the other thread that he started last week on the same subject.

Edited by Lemsta69

15 minutes ago, skatewash said:

The grace period applies to actually doing a 90-Day Report.  If you don't do the report the grace period does you no good.  It's not leave Thailand during the grace period and you don't have to do a 90 Day Report.  The 90-Day Report is required on your 90th day in Thailand (or 90th day since last report), for which you also have a grace period to do the report.  There is no option to not do the report if you have been in Thailand for 90 days (or it's been 90 days since your last report).  The only circumstance in which you don't need to do the 90-Day Report is if you leave Thailand before 90 days have elapsed since entering Thailand (or it's been less than 90 days since your last report).

The 90 day counting still resets after leaving and returning to the country, regardless of whether there was a late report before leaving. Is that right? However, the late report stays on file and may be noticed later by an Immigration Officer who could apply the fine.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Of course there is that option, you simply don't do the report and if it's in a short window like the OP's situation then you may or may not get fined at next extension application. The OP knows all of this already, it was answered in the other thread that he started last week on the same subject.

And by exercising that option, you subject yourself to being fined 2,000 baht.  So yes, that is an important option to consider if you have an extra 2,000 baht laying around that you don't intend to keep. ????

Edited by skatewash

35 minutes ago, RandolphGB said:

The 90 day counting still resets after leaving and returning to the country, regardless of whether there was a late report before leaving. Is that right? However, the late report stays on file and may be noticed later by an Immigration Officer who could apply the fine.

Correct. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It appears you're working so a mad dash to CW to report in person is probably out of the question. Finding and agent to do it at short notice might cost more than the potential fine.

Your flight's tomorrow right? If it were me I'd be inclined to go with previous advice not to worry about it. If you get a pernickity IO at next renewal and cop a fine then so be it, not the end of the world.

• Thumbs Up 1

No. They don't worry about it at the border. I left in the 7 day post due date period and came back in on a re entry permit then  did an online 90 day report based on that re entry date. Accepted. No problems, no fine, no comment!

• Thumbs Up 2