'DTAC Call' app depreciated?

digbeth

Without activating roaming and keeping track of data roaming and cost, DTAC app was great while out of Thailand to get SMS for things like banking and calls, 

Recently I  can't seem to find it in google playstore anymore, I'd be weary of installing .apk of old version found on the internet elsewhere, is it still working? 

Does wifi calling on the phones's native interface offer same functionality including sms? 

On 4/7/2023 at 7:29 AM, digbeth said:

Without activating roaming and keeping track of data roaming and cost, DTAC app was great while out of Thailand to get SMS for things like banking and calls, 

Recently I  can't seem to find it in google playstore anymore, I'd be weary of installing .apk of old version found on the internet elsewhere, is it still working?

SMS (and voice) does not require data roaming, only international network roaming, and it won't cost anything to receive SMSs.  Calls will cost however.

If this is the DTAC app it's still available on Playstore - check your Google account country setting as it may be geo-locked to Thailand based accounts.

dtac.png.b1c0cae2cbdddf4c9bf7a0c13a29662b.png

The DTAC app seem to only handle billing 

it was a separate app called 'Dtac Call' that let you receive/make calls and text from your DTAC number without needing to have the sim in the phone/tablet even, seems to only be available on iOS app store for now, but it's gone from the Playstore 

It's convenient in that you can turn off your Thai mobile and not worrying about accidentally accepting calls and burning up credits. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...