Consumers warned not to consume a specific batch of roasted Nori seaweed

snoop1130

D1B8FF0E-C730-4B81-AC05-C53CBBF8EB8E.png

Thailand’s Food and Drug Administration (TFDA) has warned consumers not to buy or eat a specific batch of roasted Nori seaweed, claiming that the product is unsafe for consumption as it contains a high level of cadmium.

The TFDA said today (Friday) that it had taken samples of the product, imported by JFC (Thailand), at the food and drug checkpoint in Lat Krabang for analysis.

It was discovered that samples from the product with code number 10-3-07157-5-0780, of the batch displaying a production date of “2022.11.3” (3rd November 2022) and an expiry date of “2023.5.2” (2nd May 20223) date, contains 3.81 milligram/kg of cadmium, which exceeds the permissible level of 2 milligram/kg, said the TFDA, adding that the specific product is contaminated and unsafe for human consumption, in accordance with the Food Act B.E. 2522 (2019 AD).

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/consumers-warned-not-to-consume-a-specific-batch-of-roasted-nori-seaweed/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-04-07

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Would be nice to know where or how this item is sold so that people have a better idea of how to avoid purchasing it?

Looks suspiciously like an online product. No Brand. I wonder where it was imported from?

48 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Looks suspiciously like an online product. No Brand. I wonder where it was imported from?

From the link:

The roasted Nori seaweed product is manufactured by Yamatoku Company in Japan

10 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I find the Nori flavoured crisps particularly disgusting

With respect, a matter of choice. I personally like them with their distinct flavour. Very popular here in Siem Reap with packets rapidly disappearing off supermarket shelves as soon as re-stocking occurs. I usually purchase 4 Family sized packs at a time.

Lay's Nori Seaweed Potato Chips. Emotions Japan's Really. 27 G. X 6 Bags