Devotees nail themselves to crosses in the Philippines in gruesome reenactment of the crucifixion to celebrate Good Friday

Suffering for their faith: Devotees nail themselves to crosses in the Philippines in gruesome reenactment of the crucifixion as Christians around the world commemorate Good Friday

• WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT
  • Dozens of men walked barefoot through the streets of Manila
  • 'You just pray, then you cannot feel the pain,' said participant Da
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, HuskerDo2 said:

"and some idiots still believe in some god"...... be respectful of other people's beliefs. I don't see anyone here mocking you for your non-belief so please don't be disrespectful to those who think differently from you. In the end, everyone is right... or wrong. 

Please feel free to ridicule my non belief. Ridiculing religion is not disrespectful to any individual. Religious institutions are legitimate targets for ridicule. Unfortunately we can't stamp them out altogether so ridicule is all we have. Apart from those who need to be charged of course, which seems to be most of the higher echelons of the Christian religion. I can't speak for the other religions as I know little about them. I get sick of reading about sexual abuse every other day by the clergy.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

It never happens by those that are non religious. 

Only religious people commit sexual abuse. 

Individuals don't belong to an institution which touts it's moral high ground as it's raison d'etre. Nor are they protected by the institution they are part of. Neither do they use that institution as a means to gain access to their victims.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, HuskerDo2 said:

"and some idiots still believe in some god"...... be respectful of other people's beliefs. I don't see anyone here mocking you for your non-belief so please don't be disrespectful to those who think differently from you. In the end, everyone is right... or wrong. 

Respect should be reserved for things worthy of respect.

Taking seriously nonsensical childish beliefs from a time when people didn't understand the most basic natural phenomena is not worthy of respect.

They have a right to their beliefs, and I have the right to laugh at  them.

"I don't see anyone here mocking you for your non-belief...".

If they want to mock me for not believing in burning bushes, talking donkeys, virgin births, zombies, etc., they are welcome to.

"In the end, everyone is right... or wrong."

Nonsense.

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Respect should be reserved for things worthy of respect.

Taking seriously nonsensical childish beliefs from a time when people didn't understand the most basic natural phenomena is not worthy of respect.

They have a right to their beliefs, and I have the right to laugh at  them.

"I don't see anyone here mocking you for your non-belief...".

If they want to mock me for not believing in burning bushes, talking donkeys, virgin births, zombies, etc., they are welcome to.

Nonsense.

"people didn't understand the most basic natural phenomena is not worthy of respect."... you are wrong. EVERYONE is worthy of respect. Except for people like you who don't believe so.

Nonsense."...... You'll find out if it's nonsense one way or the other seconds after you take your last breath. Good luck with that.

1 minute ago, HuskerDo2 said:

"people didn't understand the most basic natural phenomena is not worthy of respect."... you are wrong. EVERYONE is worthy of respect. Except for people like you who don't believe so.

Nonsense."...... You'll find out if it's nonsense one way or the other seconds after you take your last breath. Good luck with that.

You'll find out nothing at all seconds after you take your last breath.

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

It never happens by those that are non religious. 

Only religious people commit sexual abuse. 

This is quite possibly the most unbelievably insane post I've ever read. WOW!  

Edited by HuskerDo2
  • Confused 1