Looking For A Chiropractor And Physiotherapist In Pattaya.

darkside

looking for a good chiropractor and a physiotherapist in Pattaya, names and address please if anyone knows any. The chiropractor is mainly what i am after.

Cheers in advance.

Darkside

Dr. Park (American) in the Nova Lodge Hotel (Central/Beach-Road).

looking for a good chiropractor and a physiotherapist in Pattaya, names and address please if anyone knows any. The chiropractor is mainly what i am after.

Cheers in advance.

Darkside

Dr. Park (American) in the Nova Lodge Hotel (Central/Beach-Road).

Dr David park tel 038361077, I have used him many times, Dr Watkins - doubt he is still practising, he must be near a 100 years old now!

Give Nigel Kelsey a call on 089 0993845. He charges 500bht. But well worth it.......

Nigel - the chap who used to work in the gym at Jomthien Complex? He left the country I was told. Is he back?

I don't like David Park's manner but maybe that's just me.

Dr. Watkins was excellent but he can't still be practising - he was very old last time I saw him. But I think he did have a Thai partner who he trained.

15 years ago I made the mistake of seeking chiropractic services. Last year I finally had given up. I started out with a slight low back pain and from the frequent adjustments over the years I now have moderate to severe low back pain and arthritis in my upper back. I never had a problem with my upper back but with all the adjustments (sometime fairly rough) of my upper back i wake up every morning now feeling 20 years older than I should. I am to the point where I need to visit a back cracker again to get me up and running. It is a vicious cycle. The more you go the more you need to go. I might look up one of the above mentioned Docs and see if he can't fix me up for the short haul once again. But a word to the wise, if you have never go before I would suggest massage especially deep tissue or Thai massage before you go the chiropractic way.

I don't like David Park's manner but maybe that's just me.

It's not just you, I went to him a couple of times and didn't like his attitude. He seemed to get annoyed that I couldn't relax my body straight away so he could crack my back. One of the problems of having a back condition like mine is that your more or less always tensed up and it's hard to relax on command, something that he should know.

I liked Jerry McGinnis when he was in town. Not sure if he's back or still away elsewhere.

I've been to David a few times for sciatica, to be honest achieved very little. Not doubting his abilities by the way as I know he has had many happy customers, may have just been my condition as sciatica can be difficult to treat. Jerry McGinnis was very good, however I think you find he is still down in Samui.

Edited by sungod

Yesterday's The Nation under item "Body & Soul" mentions a Dr. Tom Smith, a chiropractor at D-Spine Chiropractic, presumably in Bangkok. I saw him about 3 years ago but then lost track track of him. Phone # I have is 08 9232 1772. Problem is guys like him and Nigel disappear from time to time!

Had Lower Back Pain for a couple of years and tried everything without success. The quack in UK said "You will simply have to live with it"........

Some 18mths later I was buying some vitamins in Fascinos Pharmacy in Pattaya, when I asked the dispencer if she had anything for mr back pain "Try this" she said passing me a small pack of ARCOXIA.

Well I did and within a few days my condition had improved tremendously. I stopped taking the tablets a week later and I still, after several months, feel OK.

This is not a drug to be taken without a Doctors advice I am told. Now that I have taken it!

So check it out before giving it a go.

Hope this helps someone.........

I actually started this thread on behalf of a friend and he would like to thank you all for your help, anyway he went to see Nigel earlier this week and he can't praise him enough, my mate had been in agony with his back for over a month (he has problems stretching back years from a bad accident) and Nigel had him sorted within the hour. My mate says Nigel is a total professional and know what he is talking about and my friend just wished he had known about him earlier as he had never heard of him before. So if anyone needs a good chiropractor Nigel is your man.

FWIW....

-Doc Watkins has been retired for at least 4-years. I recall he had a stroke (?). I thought he was in his early 80's !

-Doc David Pack (not 'Park) is a Yank who previously worked in Italy before coming to Thailand.

He is an 'old line' chiro...he mainly just adjusts and does little else. He has a busy practice, being

the only chiro working n town...some like him, others don't, I fall into the latter category.

I'd been a half dozen times and half the time left feeling worse than I arrived.

I base my comments on the fact I, too, am a chiro...(residing, but not working in Pattaya) and

my training emphasized rehab and a giving a proper initial medical exam and diagnosis before touching

a patient...not just 'rack 'em and crack 'em' simplicity.

-I've been to Nigel once. He knows anatomy and provides an excellent therapeutic massage.

• 1 year later...

I'd like to resurrect this thread as I want to see a chiropractor myself.

Dr. Watson is apparently no longer practicing.

Then we have David Pack who doesn't seem to be a nice guy, and eventually Nigel Kelsey who is from what I gather from his webpage not a Chiropractor but a Physio Therapist.

Anyone else in Pattaya? Any idea what they charge?

I have used Dr Pack in the Nova Lodge complex on several occasions over the last 3 years. Not in the last several months though.

I agree with the comments on his abrupt manner with some patients. He does come across hard. If your in there for a psychological adjustment along with your back find another doc. If your feelings and feathers ruffle easily maybe he's not your doc.

Anyone using a chiro knows it's like finding the great fitting pair of shoes. You may need to try on several dozen pairs of shoes at several stores before the fit is right for you. Unfortunately here in LOS you do not have the luxury of choice like in your home land.

He has helped me and we have had some nice discussions about different things when time is available.

The only person I've had success with is Nigel, he's mustard.

I'm off to see him today. Had to book 4 days in advance as he's so busy.

He's based over behind the Buffalo Bar and his number is 0890993845

In my experience a lot of the people practicing in this town are just practicing :o

David Pack gives a very good chiropractic adjustment.

All the other comments are spot on.

He should team with a Psychiatrist just to be on hand for one of his fits.

I used my negotiation skills usually reserved for hostage crisis to calm him down so he could finish my adjustment. I've seen criminals and lunatics wired better but never asked them for a chiropractic adjustment.

Lay down, have an adjustment and enjoy the show.

The only person I've had success with is Nigel, he's mustard.

I'm off to see him today. Had to book 4 days in advance as he's so busy.

He's based over behind the Buffalo Bar and his number is 0890993845

In my experience a lot of the people practicing in this town are just practicing :o

I 2nd that - Nigels the man , and reasonably priced

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, after the recommendations on here, we saw Nigel this morning, fixed a shoulder problem that my girl had for a few months now, after doing xrays and seeing doctors and them all saying its fine...

Nigel fixed it up in about 5 minutes, professional, very nice guy, will definitely be back next time we're in trouble, and in my opinion, 500b was a good fair price, not expensive IMO, considering a doctor to prescribe paracetamol and say nothing is wrong was 900b. so yeah, 500b to solve the problem is very fair.

he's by appointment only, call, it was 4 day wait for us. but well worth it.

• 9 months later...
Yep, after the recommendations on here, we saw Nigel this morning, fixed a shoulder problem that my girl had for a few months now, after doing xrays and seeing doctors and them all saying its fine...

Nigel fixed it up in about 5 minutes, professional, very nice guy, will definitely be back next time we're in trouble, and in my opinion, 500b was a good fair price, not expensive IMO, considering a doctor to prescribe paracetamol and say nothing is wrong was 900b. so yeah, 500b to solve the problem is very fair.

Bumping this old thread to find out if Nigel Kelsey is still practicing in Pattaya.

• 2 months later...

Bumping this old thread to find out if Nigel Kelsey is still practicing in Pattaya.

He was in June of this year and he is good, it took a few sessions to get a back problem fixed with the needles.

He was in June of this year and he is good, it took a few sessions to get a back problem fixed with the needles.

• 9 months later...

Hi, restarting thread as I have just arrived in pattaya and in dire need of a physio. I tried Nigel Kelsey on the number posed (0890993845) but this goes to a recorded message which I am assuming means the number is not connected. Can anyone advise if Nigel is still practising in Pattaya and what his new contact number is? Thanks