Western food shops overcharging

essex boys

"one shop I was using had been overcharging me for goods and even charged me for delivery twice".... are you sure it was just one? Many do the same be it restaurants, taxi/transport services, hospitals, after hours private doctor visits, etc.

Trust no one but if it's just a small overcharge just let them have it. Not worth the hassle of having your food spit in the next time you order.

Check out the price of eggs ,they know that a lot of farangs like to buy eggs by the dozen rather than ten or fifteen. If you figure out the price of each egg in a ten pack you will notice that you are paying double for those extra two eggs in the dozen pack.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Are the "western food shops" the problem? Or maybe low paid workers who don't care?

Probably you will see the same problem also in "Thai food shops".

Personally I buy mostly from Foodland and the (99% Thai) fresh market. No problems.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, essex boys said:

I ordered from the latest price list you gave me so I assumed the prices were correct,

Price of imported, and even many Thai items, have been increasing almost monthly.  The baht has nosedived several times and although often recovers quickly costs remain based on that low exchange rate for an extended period of time (due long lead shipment times as well as greed).  Things cost more today than yesterday.  Inflation is real.  We get spoiled by the low costs of housing/hotels and transportation here and often expect it to apply to everything I fear.   I buy mostly from Tops but same issue of increasing prices on just about everything in last year.  But with online system you know the current price when you order.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Price of imported, and even many Thai items, have been increasing almost monthly.  The baht has nosedived several times and although often recovers quickly costs remain based on that low exchange rate for an extended period of time (due long lead shipment times as well as greed).  Things cost more today than yesterday.  Inflation is real.  We get spoiled by the low costs of housing/hotels and transportation here and often expect it to apply to everything I fear.   I buy mostly from Tops but same issue of increasing prices on just about everything in last year.  But with online system you know the current price when you order.

How can one assume the latest price list is correct. Especially if its older. I would always ask for the lates prices. But most shops i use dont even use price lists its all shown online. If i were to use a price list id make sure i got the latest price list. I don't really see this as a shop problem.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, essex boys said:

Start checking your deliveries people as you are probably getting ripped off but you are unaware of it

I've never had a problem and order regularly from Food Variety and Siamburi.

Edited by BritManToo

26 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

When it was really only $8 a can that's what I call an over exaggeration!

Thanks. That sounds better. At the world cup soccer was 18$au I think. Guess I had my leg pulled. Maybe the 50 bucks was for a shoey out of some old ladies shoe.

• Haha 1