Udon Thani over Songkrahn

Kenny202

Looking to escape Songkrahn for a couple of days. Just wondering what Udon is like during the holidays? Are the bars still open? Few girls still around night and day etc or does everyone bail.

@Kenny202

Hell NO ... UT folks love to party during Songkran.  Along with stretching it out as long as possible.

At Nong Prajak Lake & Soi Samphan/Slum, along with few other spots.  You'll have people throwing water as you're driving for 5 ish days.  Around the whole area, even the outer villages.

DAMN ANNOYING & DANGEROUS

Surprisingly, Kata Beach, Phuket was the quietest (popular) spot I've ever stayed during Songkran.  As most headed toward Patong Beach.  And it was a 1 day thing, if that.  A few farangs (yea, that's sad) outside resort throwing water on total strangers ????

Easily avoided anywhere in TH, as just don't go to the 'events'.

At UT, it was hard to avoid, unless stocked up for the week.

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

@Kenny202

Hell NO ... UT folks love to party during Songkran.  Along with stretching it out as long as possible.

At Nong Prajak Lake & Soi Samphan/Slum, along with few other spots.  You'll have people throwing water as you're driving for 5 ish days.  Around the whole area, even the outer villages.

DAMN ANNOYING & DANGEROUS

Surprisingly, Kata Beach, Phuket was the quietest (popular) spot I've ever stayed during Songkran.  As most headed toward Patong Beach.  And it was a 1 day thing, if that.  A few farangs (yea, that's sad) outside resort throwing water on total strangers ????

Easily avoided anywhere in TH, as just don't go to the 'events'.

At UT, it was hard to avoid, unless stocked up for the week.

Yeah I would rather avoid the childish water play crep. Just want somewhere nice to go have a drink, relax and look at the scenery without the hassle

12 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Yeah I would rather avoid the childish water play crep. Just want somewhere nice to go have a drink, relax and look at the scenery without the hassle

If just wanting to get out of town for couple nights, since in Krung Thep, maybe Kanchanaburi, and would expect most of the water play to be along the river road up to the bridge.

Stay south of that area, or far north of.  Always enjoyed our budget stays at VN Guesthouse, with veranda munching, and a few local places within walking distance now.  Or just chill there or another riverside place for couple days.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/VN+Guesthouse/@14.029827,99.522657,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m8!1e2!3m6!1sAF1QipM3T9nBndzC60YQb1od_WUYhRAuJxYz0rw48xwG!2e10!3e12!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipM3T9nBndzC60YQb1od_WUYhRAuJxYz0rw48xwG%3Dw203-h152-k-no!7i5120!8i3840!4m10!3m9!1s0x30e374ea9f03e1b9:0x35347d17aa39778!5m2!4m1!1i2!8m2!3d14.029827!4d99.522657!10e5!16s%2Fg%2F1td10qdt

Edited by KhunLA